Why one gpu have 3 types of memory brand, all are same, which is best gpu ?

PWforPower
Go to solution Solved by BiotechBen,
18 minutes ago, PWforPower said:

Why there are micron elpida samsung hynix memory brands, when only I see when type some card pcb only samsung appears on these cards.

For what are those for than ?

IF I understand what you are asking, it depends on the GPU chip manufacturer (Nvidia/AMD) and the AIB(add-in-board) companies like ASUS, PNY, Galax, Colorful, which memory is used (SK Hynix, samsung, micron, elpida, on which memory is used. It could be that AMD gets a really good deal with Micron for RAM chips and that's why it uses those chips, or it could be something like Samsung memory worked the best with that graphics card in testing. There are many factors for why certain chips are used in certain GPUs. If everyone used one RAM chip, there would be no comptition, you could have one company controlling everything and then just make crap because there is nobody else you can get them from. Having multiple companies like Samsung, sk Hynix, micron, and elpida means that someone is always trying to make a better product to get that deal with that company.

Why there are micron elpida samsung hynix memory brands, when only I see when type some card pcb only samsung appears on these cards.

Different manufacturers of a chip with same use. Other than that rest of your question does not make any sense for me to answer.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

as said above they are all just manufacturers, the chips have the same use, just produced differently. The reason you only see samsung is just coincidence, other manufacturers are also used on other cards, it just depends on what the card manufacturer wants to use.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

Different manufacturers of a chip with same use. Other than that rest of your question does not make any sense for me to answer.

So you say that one card ex. nvidia fe 3090 was manafactured with 3 types of chips, or one each brand support only one chip ?

18 minutes ago, PWforPower said:

IF I understand what you are asking, it depends on the GPU chip manufacturer (Nvidia/AMD) and the AIB(add-in-board) companies like ASUS, PNY, Galax, Colorful, which memory is used (SK Hynix, samsung, micron, elpida, on which memory is used. It could be that AMD gets a really good deal with Micron for RAM chips and that's why it uses those chips, or it could be something like Samsung memory worked the best with that graphics card in testing. There are many factors for why certain chips are used in certain GPUs. If everyone used one RAM chip, there would be no comptition, you could have one company controlling everything and then just make crap because there is nobody else you can get them from. Having multiple companies like Samsung, sk Hynix, micron, and elpida means that someone is always trying to make a better product to get that deal with that company.

2 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

as said above they are all just manufacturers, the chips have the same use, just produced differently. The reason you only see samsung is just coincidence, other manufacturers are also used on other cards, it just depends on what the card manufacturer wants to use.

So thats because its having bios which support more brands

1 minute ago, PWforPower said:

So thats because its having bios which support more brands

no, lol, that's not what I said at all. Almost always the chip is chosen, then the bios is written for it, not the other way around. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6