GPU Code 43 Error RTX 3070

murfe123

New 3070 haven’t even played a game with it yet and it won’t work 😞I’ve re-seated it, downloaded/installed the latest drivers and it still isn’t work.

0F22D465-6489-4FFB-8EE5-C04643A22ECC.jpeg

based on the other pci devices errors, you may need to install, or reinstall your pc's chipset drivers. what are the full specs?

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

based on the other pci devices errors, you may need to install, or reinstall your pc's chipset drivers. what are the full specs?

8234B382-A1D8-4DBC-AB9A-2F6766AD2635.thumb.jpeg.52219cd28be22c42653806af1ee141e7.jpeg

i have the tuf gaming plus x570, and it would give me various errors when i installed my 3070. updating the bios solved alot of those issues, so i would suggest updating the bios to the most current, and installing the most current chipset drivers. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Download/

i would also avoid using armor crate as it is bloatware crap imo, but your call.

Thanks🙏 . I will try this now. Also what is/how do I disable armor crate?

4 minutes ago, murfe123 said:

Thanks🙏 . I will try this now. Also what is/how do I disable armor crate?

it's an app from asus that is supposed to keep all your drivers up to date, but it always installs old versions, or doesn't find any when there is newer versions. win10 kinda does that on it's own anyway. it won't hurt your pc or anything, but if you want to remove it, it will be under "apps and features".

oh and quote people so they can see if your replied or not.

10 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

it's an app from asus that is supposed to keep all your drivers up to date, but it always installs old versions, or doesn't find any when there is newer versions. win10 kinda does that on it's own anyway. it won't hurt your pc or anything, but if you want to remove it, it will be under "apps and features".

oh and quote people so they can see if your replied or not.

Ok thanks again. Is it as simple as downloading the updated bios files and it will do it for you or will I have to run a program?

EDIT: Just updated the Chipset drivers and the PCI error is gone. Now it’s just the GPU.

image.jpg

9 minutes ago, murfe123 said:

Ok thanks again. Is it as simple as downloading the updated bios files and it will do it for you or will I have to run a program?

updating bios can be a bit tricky if you have never done it before. you need a flash drive formatted in fat32. here is a quick guide: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/how-to-update-your-motherboard-bios-using-a-simple-usb-stick/

i believe there are ways to do it without the flash drive through windows, but i have yet to do it that way. a google search should find a guide for that method as well if you don't have a flash drive available.

either way, make sure not to restart the pc or anything when flashing as that can brick the board.

42 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

updating bios can be a bit tricky if you have never done it before. you need a flash drive formatted in fat32. here is a quick guide: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/how-to-update-your-motherboard-bios-using-a-simple-usb-stick/

i believe there are ways to do it without the flash drive through windows, but i have yet to do it that way. a google search should find a guide for that method as well if you don't have a flash drive available.

either way, make sure not to restart the pc or anything when flashing as that can brick the board.

Updated bios but I still have the code 43 error. I only just got the pc 4 days ago and the GPU has never worked. So disappointing. 

4 minutes ago, murfe123 said:

Updated bios but I still have the code 43 error. I only just got the pc 4 days ago and the GPU has never worked. So disappointing. 

did you update the chipset drivers though? they are likely what is causing the issue. the pc came like this? i would think they would have sent you it completely sorted.

6 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

did you update the chipset drivers though? they are likely what is causing the issue. the pc came like this? i would think they would have sent you it completely sorted.

Yeah I updated the chipset and that fixed the PCI device errors, but I'm still getting the "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on my GPU. And It wasn't a pre-built PC I brought all the part and put it together (Im no expert but ive moved PC's from one case to another before and added/removed MD/CPU's and not no problems).

I have a GTX960 should I try it with that instead to see if I still get the error?

2 minutes ago, murfe123 said:

Yeah I updated the chipset and that fixed the PCI device errors, but I'm still getting the "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on my GPU. And It wasn't a pre-built PC I brought all the part and put it together (Im no expert but ive moved PC's from one case to another before and added/removed MD/CPU's and not no problems).

are you using a pci riser cable? are you using two separate power cables from the psu? or daisy chain? if daisy chained, switch to two separate cables, and if using a riser, try without. you could also try ddu, and fresh set of nvidia drivers. unfortunately im out of ideas other than that, my only other suggestion is to contact asus support and see if they have any answers. best of luck.

28 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

are you using a pci riser cable? are you using two separate power cables from the psu? or daisy chain? if daisy chained, switch to two separate cables, and if using a riser, try without. you could also try ddu, and fresh set of nvidia drivers. unfortunately im out of ideas other than that, my only other suggestion is to contact asus support and see if they have any answers. best of luck.

No Riser cable. Was using a daisy chain but switch to 2 cables. Thanks for all the help mate. I will try the DD.

1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

I have plugged the GPU into the 2nd PCI slot and it looks like its working, Im in contact with asus now. Thanks for the help.

On 14/02/2021 at 22:19, murfe123 said:

O novo 3070 ainda nem jogou um jogo com ele e não funcionará 😞Reinstalei-o, baixei / instalei os drivers mais recentes e ainda não está funcionando.

0F22D465-6489-4FFB-8EE5-C04643A22ECC.jpeg

I am Brazilian, I am going to give here a temporary solution that will solve this problem, which I also had. i have a rtx 3070 galax and a motherboard aorus x570, i solved this problem by going to Bios and changing the pcie function, from auto to gen3. will solve the Error 43 problem. The reason for this error is not known, if it is the driver of nvidia, or if it is window 10. I am waiting for a definitive solution in the next updates, as the video card has more performance in the pcie gen 4.

1 hour ago, LordLucasFC said:

I am Brazilian, I am going to give here a temporary solution that will solve this problem, which I also had. i have a rtx 3070 galax and a motherboard aorus x570, i solved this problem by going to Bios and changing the pcie function, from auto to gen3. will solve the Error 43 problem. The reason for this error is not known, if it is the driver of nvidia, or if it is window 10. I am waiting for a definitive solution in the next updates, as the video card has more performance in the pcie gen 4.

On 2/15/2021 at 1:51 PM, bmx6454 said:

Update: I got the GPU replaced with a new one and PC with working great. Thanks for the help