[HELP] Deafening Electric Noise from my 9.2.4 surround speakers after power outrages and sudden drops and increase in voltage

So the speakers were performing normally. There was electricity going and returning in quick succession. The first two times was alright but the third time, it was accompanied by defeaning noise. Buzzing noise. I quickly switched off the main switch. Disconnected everything else and only left the speakers connected and when I turned it on, the same deafening buzzing noise. No audio would play only noise. And the system isn't a cheap system either. It's a Sony Japan Import. I've run out of warranty as of Nov 2020. So I don't know what to do. 

Then I isolated the music set-up entirely and took it to another room and tried it. This time I got something like a strange odour and some smell like melting plastic and some bad smelling. Not foul but not pleasant either. 

Help please. I blew 8k on the system that is ignoring the 1.2k on shipping. 

What can be the problem?

The soundbar is working as a single unit. 

But the Subs and the traditional 9 speakers aren't. Only noise.

Sounds like the amp has blown...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

31 minutes ago, InfernalKing said:

There was electricity going and returning in quick succession.

why, how, where...? and why didn't you unplug immediately? 

is it connected to your pc? 

well, regardless sounds like something blew up obviously, hopefully it's fixable! it should be. 

28 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Sounds like the amp has blown...

so is this fixable? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Not connected to my PC but to my AndroidTV over HDMI ARC. The TV is outputting fine. I tested using another speaker system. The soundbar unit is working when using it as a single unit. The 2xSubs aren't working at all. Only electrical noise. And when connecting the soundbar to work with the subs, no sound from the soundbar. The speakers are connected using the standard RCA-looking cable. So is the soundbar. The Bluetooth mode is affected as well. The subs will keep the electrical noise with bass and almost wind/air from the sub grill.

Should describe your setup a bit more. Do you have an amp with all speakers connected to it or are the speakers all active ones and powered independently?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

The first sub powers the speakers. The first sub connects with all the speakers and the second sub as well. The first sub powers all the speakers besides the soundbar and the second sub. They have their individual power bricks and each sub is 1000W and the soundbar is 250W. Each individual speaker is supposed to draw like 10-15W.

On a completely unrelated note, both the soundbar and the second sub can be powered by the first sub but then I'll need the more rated power brick which was available with the 9.2.5 surround system in the box but not with mine. 

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

why, how, where...? and why didn't you unplug immediately? 

is it connected to your pc? 

well, regardless sounds like something blew up obviously, hopefully it's fixable! it should be. 

so is this fixable? 

Actually power outages here is part of everyday life. You turn on the Microwave, all lights in the house dim. Same when you turn on the TVs and sound system. The TV was turned off but connected to the system and power was flowing to both the sound system and the surround sound system. So suddenly on the third consecutive electrical fluctuation, the speakers and subs literally started blaring. The subs were vibrating like crazy and electrical noise flowing around the room in the same crazy way from all speakers. I disconnected the speakers and the subs were both vibrating and pushing a lot of air from the vents/sound grills. Then I completely turned it off.

Sony doesn't have a proper tech support for the product either as the product is Japan only. I have to use Google Translate to read the page. And even then as you may know, Google Translate f*cks Japanese. I'm left with a string of words which just barely make sense.

But from what I can make out, it's pretty rare as others seem to have problem when getting the subs to connect wirelessly. I don't have to worry about that as I prefer the hardwired connection. I don't have to use the AV receiver that way. Though when I want to use Dolby on my PC, I have to use it to pass-through audio to the HDMI of the TV. Well, doesn't matter as I can use it directly with the sound system. 

I want to fix it myself if I can as well each sub is worth ~$2.25k. And I don't want to have a cheap repair done, I'd much rather spend on original components if required. No point having a $8k worth of setup but audio quality of a few hundred dollars.

-> Moved to Audio

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, InfernalKing said:

Actually power outages here is part of everyday life. You turn on the Microwave, all lights in the house dim. Same when you turn on the TVs and sound system. The TV was turned off but connected to the system and power was flowing to both the sound system and the surround sound system. So suddenly on the third consecutive electrical fluctuation, the speakers and subs literally started blaring. The subs were vibrating like crazy and electrical noise flowing around the room in the same crazy way from all speakers. I disconnected the speakers and the subs were both vibrating and pushing a lot of air from the vents/sound grills. Then I completely turned it off.

Sounds like something in the subwoofer amp is letting the either 50Hz or 60Hz city power bleed into the amp section.

Is the noise you are hearing quite low frequency, or is it more akin to white noise?

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)