3.7 to M.2 NAS

desolate master

i use a 4 bay Qnap nas for storage (would love a server but cannot afford one) but i have just about hit the limit on drive size (i could go larger than 10tb per bay but the read speed would degrade to much) so i was wondering if it was possible to convert my 3.5 RAID drives to M.2. the drives on my NAS are hot swappable so i would like to keep that functionability if i converted to M.2 and if possible i would like to be able to fit quad M.2's in each 3.5 bay. can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so can you reccomend any conversion kits capable of being used in RAID.

2 minutes ago, desolate master said:

(i could go larger than 10tb per bay but the read speed would degrade to much)

Huh, normally hdd speeds go up with size.

2 minutes ago, desolate master said:

to convert my 3.5 RAID drives to M.2.

You can normally do a single 3.5  to 2.5 and 2.5 to m.2 sata, but why, just use a 2.5in sata drive.

2 hours ago, desolate master said:

i use a 4 bay Qnap nas for storage (would love a server but cannot afford one) but i have just about hit the limit on drive size (i could go larger than 10tb per bay but the read speed would degrade to much) so i was wondering if it was possible to convert my 3.5 RAID drives to M.2. the drives on my NAS are hot swappable so i would like to keep that functionability if i converted to M.2 and if possible i would like to be able to fit quad M.2's in each 3.5 bay. can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so can you reccomend any conversion kits capable of being used in RAID.

How is going to m.2 going to give you more space than a hdd? If you already have 4x10tb, there is NO WAY you are going to get close to that with m.2

-> Moved to Storage Devices

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Makes zero sense.

If you want to convert to ssd-s look for large sas/sata enterprise ones, 16TB/2.5ssd definitely exist, but will not be cheap.

Connecting multiple devices to single sata port requires support from host device, and I assume there is no such support in NAS specs, right?