Using netflix in Edge after the 20H2 update causes graphics issues... no, I wont switch to firefox.

title says it all, they are X shaped and only appear on interactive parts of the windows 10 OS. things like the volume slider. Not specifically the groove slider, thats the only screenshot i have at the mo.

screenshot.png

Graphics driver issues others have talked about. Update your driver. Most of the time fixes it.

3 minutes ago, ComputerSmartBoi Also dum said:

title says it all, they are X shaped and only appear on interactive parts of the windows 10 OS. things like the volume slider. Not specifically the groove slider, thats the only screenshot i have at the mo.

screenshot.png

What is your system? I had an issue with my system with 1080tis, and unplugging the network cable, uninstalling drivers in device manager, and than installing drivers seemed to fix it. I don't know about amd or intel drivers but if they are anything like nvidia audio drivers should be coupled with the package.

You should try Chromium. It's quite literally the exact same thing you're already using but ironically with fewer bugs. (also open source)

I second the graphics driver update, DDU and try from scratch if still unsuccessful

May I ask why you hate firefox..?

6 minutes ago, ComputerSmartBoi Also dum said:

screenshot.png

Also try chromium or chrome. If it still doesn't work than most likely it is a driver issue.

1 minute ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

You should try Chromium. It's quite literally the exact same thing you're already using but ironically with fewer bugs. (also open source)

I second the graphics driver update, DDU and try from scratch if still unsuccessful

We just read each other's minds. 

4 minutes ago, Sp4gh3tti said:

don't hate firefox, I just love edge because its good at what it does.

Just now, ComputerSmartBoi Also dum said:

don't hate firefox, I just love edge because its good at what it does.

also, tried every other browser I could think of, none had this problem...

1 minute ago, ComputerSmartBoi Also dum said:

also, tried every other browser I could think of, none had this problem...

Then you know how to fix the problem.

Stop using Edge.

elephants

/thread

32 minutes ago, penguin1 said:

What is your system? I had an issue with my system with 1080tis, and unplugging the network cable, uninstalling drivers in device manager, and than installing drivers seemed to fix it. I don't know about amd or intel drivers but if they are anything like nvidia audio drivers should be coupled with the package.

tried the graphics driver, and nothing changed. It's quite annoying, acctually, because edge is my main browser that i like to use, partly because firefox is the only other decent browser out there, and it is locked into dark mode (I don't like dark mode. : /)

23 minutes ago, ComputerSmartBoi Also dum said:

partly because firefox is the only other decent browser out there

What do you have against Chrome?

elephants

4 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

What do you have against Chrome?

I don't like the amount of data they take from users. Also, edge has more extensions available, and is more linked with Microsoft stuff *cough* Microsoft rewards *cough*

I don't like the amount of data they take from users.

And Microsoft is any better?

You can disable part of it.

Also, edge has more extensions available

Name things that Edge has that Chrome doesn't.

Edge and Chrome are both based off of Chromium.

and is more linked with Microsoft stuff *cough* Microsoft rewards *cough*

There's a Chrome Extension for that.

elephants

Okay guys, I did fix it, i had to install 2 graphics drivers, one of them to update the graphics card and make it compatible with the second one. So, yay?

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

And Microsoft is any better?

You can disable part of it.

Name things that Edge has that Chrome doesn't.

Edge and Chrome are both based off of Chromium.

There's a Chrome Extension for that.

o k  t h e n .

30 minutes ago, ComputerSmartBoi Also dum said:

I don't like the amount of data they take from users. Also, edge has more extensions available, and is more linked with Microsoft stuff *cough* Microsoft rewards *cough*

I stopped using firefox after they released a statement that they are dedicated to stopping 'misinformation'...This, at least to me sounds eerily like they want to control the information THEY want me to see. Their job is to make a browser for users to surf the internet...NOT skew search results or trick users into using certain websites for information. The fact that these tech companies control searches via algorithms (which may favor certain public figures/groups) scares the hell out of me. A tech giant, like google can easily say that they're 'fighting misinformation' while only making available information that reflects the developers/CEO's personal views or benefit them financially.

I also won't use Chrome unless I absolutely have to...because, Google. That's my rant...LOL

Have you tried Brave? I installed this a few weeks ago and like it so far.

1 hour ago, steelo said:

I stopped using firefox after they released a statement that they are dedicated to stopping 'misinformation'...This, at least to me sounds eerily like they want to control the information THEY want me to see. Their job is to make a browser for users to surf the internet...NOT skew search results or trick users into using certain websites for information. The fact that these tech companies control searches via algorithms (which may favor certain public figures/groups) scares the hell out of me. A tech giant, like google can easily say that they're 'fighting misinformation' while only making available information that reflects the developers/CEO's personal views or benefit them financially.

I also won't use Chrome unless I absolutely have to...because, Google. That's my rant...LOL

Have you tried Brave? I installed this a few weeks ago and like it so far.

I have, but I personally like the edge, privacy badger, DuckDuckGo, cookie monster, and VPN mix. More privacy, but more speed. ; )

8 minutes ago, ComputerSmartBoi Also dum said:

I have, but I personally like the edge, privacy badger, DuckDuckGo, cookie monster, and VPN mix. More privacy, but more speed. ; )

After a hasty google search, it seems there are a lot of people having issues with this update (mainly playing 4k videos) The solution I've read is to revert it back to the legacy version until they fix the issue =(