2 GPUs for streaming

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
15 minutes ago, ITZSELLABGAMING said:

Now this caused my gpu to heat up

How hot did it get?

16 minutes ago, ITZSELLABGAMING said:

Now is it possible to run a second gpu like a 1650 GTX with the 2060s RTX to ease the load on the gpu?

It is, but you'll get worse gaming-performance. Besides which, streaming doesn't cause the GPU to get hot, so it wouldn't help with that at all. Video-encoding is done by a part inside the GPU that's specifically made for such tasks and encoding a live-stream takes a very small amount of its resources.

I am running a 2060s RTX right now on my personal computer and I was streaming to twitch and YouTube via restream.io and playing games. Now this caused my gpu to heat up and caused obs to crash mid stream where people where finding my stream. Now is it possible to run a second gpu like a 1650 GTX with the 2060s RTX to ease the load on the gpu? That was I can game and stream and it would cause issues. Yes I do have another slot to run a second gpu.

15 minutes ago, ITZSELLABGAMING said:

Now this caused my gpu to heat up

How hot did it get?

16 minutes ago, ITZSELLABGAMING said:

Now is it possible to run a second gpu like a 1650 GTX with the 2060s RTX to ease the load on the gpu?

It is, but you'll get worse gaming-performance. Besides which, streaming doesn't cause the GPU to get hot, so it wouldn't help with that at all. Video-encoding is done by a part inside the GPU that's specifically made for such tasks and encoding a live-stream takes a very small amount of its resources.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Streaming doesn't use that much of gpu power, so using another one is redundant, and might caused more problems.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w