HDD wont boot anymore

thegkevin
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
Just now, thegkevin said:

I had stuff in those I do not know how to get that all

Copy/paste

Open up Drive E, find the files you want, copy them to their proper place on drive C.

So a day ago I put a new installation of windows 10 on my SSD, had a stressful day and later noticed I needed some documents and photos from the windows on my HDD. Obviously they are still on the old windows

BUT

When I removed the SSD to just boot the HDD alone, it wont. It either gives me errors again like 0xc000000e, I got one today after trying some other people’s resolutions that was 0xc00000098 or something. Anyways, I believe it has something to do with BCD or Winload.exe things similar are showing up and people are telling me to go into command prompt to change bootrec stuff. 

I am confused so please help lmao! I would love to get my computer running by tonight so i have my SSD with windows (which i have done) then my HDD with all my games, documents, pictures.

Cheers to anyone who can help

Specs

Msi b360m pro vh

Msi radeon rx570 oc

i7-9700k

h100x corsair cooler

8GBx2 Patriot viper ddr4

thermaltake smart600w 

seagate barracuda 1TB HDD

wd black sn750 500GB SSD

3 minutes ago, thegkevin said:

So a day ago I put a new installation of windows 10 on my SSD, had a stressful day and later noticed I needed some documents and photos from the windows on my HDD. Obviously they are still on the old windows

BUT

When I removed the SSD to just boot the HDD alone, it wont. It either gives me errors again like 0xc000000e, I got one today after trying some other people’s resolutions that was 0xc00000098 or something. Anyways, I believe it has something to do with BCD or Winload.exe things similar are showing up and people are telling me to go into command prompt to change bootrec stuff. 

I am confused so please help lmao! I would love to get my computer running by tonight so i have my SSD with windows (which i have done) then my HDD with all my games, documents, pictures.

Specs

Msi b360m pro vh

Msi radeon rx570 oc

i7-9700k

h100x corsair cooler

8GBx2 Patriot viper ddr4

thermaltake smart600w 

wd black sn750 500GB SSD

Make the HDD a secondary drive, boot to your SSD, and just copy/paste from the HDD

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, thegkevin said:

BUT

Specs

Msi b360m pro vh

Msi radeon rx570 oc

i7-9700k

h100x corsair cooler

8GBx2 Patriot viper ddr4

thermaltake smart600w 

wd black sn750 500GB SSD

If you need to recover documents and photos from your old drive, maybe you could boot from SSD and having the HDD still connected, browse for the files on the old boot drive on the HDD as a secondary drive?

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

16 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Make the HDD a secondary drive, boot to your SSD, and just copy/paste from the HDD

how do I do that?

do you mean just having the SSD as boot option #1 then just having my HDD plugged to the side ?

I will boot that way like I did yesterday and send a pic of what I see

how do I do that?

do you mean just having the SSD as boot option #1 then just having my HDD plugged to the side ?

I will boot that way like I did yesterday and send a pic of what I see

Yes, the HDD goes in Sata 2 slot,, ensure BIOS is set to boot from the SSD, and away you go

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes, the HDD goes in Sata 2 slot,, ensure BIOS is set to boot from the SSD, and away you go

what do I do now?

As you see on the left of file explorer it shows pictures/documents/videos ?

image.jpg

Copy/paste

Open up Drive E, find the files you want, copy them to their proper place on drive C.

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Copy/paste

I am a little not on the smart side when it comes to media and all this stuff, I had thought when I installed my new one and logged into it on my SSD, that my HDD wouldn’t keep everything that was on windows. 
I am currently going into my users file to access my files.

Also one other thing,

when I open bios to change boot options, I have to use my SSD, but its almost like it made another one but its called SSD Boot Manager? (I use that to boot)Is it supposed to or allowed to run off of that?

1 minute ago, thegkevin said:

I am a little not on the smart side when it comes to media and all this stuff, I had thought when I installed my new one and logged into it on my SSD, that my HDD wouldn’t keep everything that was on windows. 
I am currently going into my users file to access my files.

Also one other thing,

when I open bios to change boot options, I have to use my SSD, but its almost like it made another one but its called SSD Boot Manager? Is it supposed to or allowed to run off of that?

No worries, we were all new to this at one point in time.

SSD boot manager is fine, as long as the system boots to windows, it doesn't matter what it's called.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

No worries, we were all new to this at one point in time.

SSD boot manager is fine, as long as the system boots to windows, it doesn't matter what it's called.

Thanks so much, hope you have a good day!

2 minutes ago, thegkevin said:

Thanks so much, hope you have a good day!

You too buddy, if you need any further help on this or anything else, don't hesitate to reach out, we're happy to help!

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv