Controlling fan speed through a fan splitter?

MasterBleckieChan

Hey guys!

I just bough this fan splitter and noticed I can't control the speed of the fans. The splitter is connected to a normal fan header

Is there any way I can control them or do I need to buy another product for that? (I have 4 Silent Wings 3 connected to the splitter)

If that thing is not wired for PWM (which I dont think it is) you need to have a motherboard that supports fan speed control via voltage. Check your BIOS. If you want to control each fan speed individually, I am afraid that is not possible with that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, MasterBleckieChan said:

Hey guys!

I just bough this fan splitter and noticed I can't control the speed of the fans. The splitter is connected to a normal fan header

Is there any way I can control them or do I need to buy another product for that? (I have 4 Silent Wings 3 connected to the splitter)

ignore what i said before.

bios should be able to possibly. but if it isn''t pwm, then u cant.

Build:

• CPU: AMD 3700x                                           
  • Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO RGB
  • Motherboard: MSI x570 tomahawk wifi
  • Memory: Teamforce Delta RGB DDR4-3000 16 GB
  • Graphics Card: EVGA 1660 SC ULTRA
  • Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
  • PSU: Fractal Design Ion 660w
  • Case fans: Sickleflow 120 RGB (3-pack)

Nothing I say is guaranteed to be correct, please remember this. I'm still learning every day.

Feedback is appreciated!

(in other words i can say stupid stuff so double check what i say)

47 minutes ago, MasterBleckieChan said:

Hey guys!

If you connected that splitter to a 4 pin motherboard header and all the attached fans were also 4 pin, then you should be able to control the fans through the bios. You cannot control the fans individually, it will be one fan curve that applies to all connected fans. It would probably work best if all of the fans were matching. 

12 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

If you connected that splitter to a 4 pin motherboard header and all the attached fans were also 4 pin, then you should be able to control the fans through the bios. You cannot control the fans individually, it will be one fan curve that applies to all connected fans. It would probably work best if all of the fans were matching. 

Thank you! Didn't know that I could do that in the BIOS!

On 2/10/2021 at 5:17 PM, MasterBleckieChan said:

Thank you! Didn't know that I could do that in the BIOS!

Same applies to any software controller software though. The point is that mobo can only read one rpm per header, and apply one control scheme per header. So with that splitter, FAN1 is the master and rest will follow. Though I don't quite understand why they bothered to have all rpm pins there... Usually splitters don't have RPM pins on all headers, just one for monitoring.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv