Asus motherboard codes...

So... I've just installed my new ryzen whatever and it turned on , everything was like flowers. Until i noticed that my asus motherboard code was different than before. It was on ff which apparently means the dark vader is coming to kill my pc this sort of thing like smell your motherboard level of threat.

I of course got super worried, so i installed ryzen master to check temps and its between 45 to 50 on idle. Probably applied way little thermal but i cant be bothered with it right now.

So when i used ryzen master the code went from ff (five stars threat) to f8. Which apparently isnt a big of a deal.

Idk whats happening i hope some of you guys who had a asus motherboard could explain to me.

Thanks for reading this gigantic text.

Specs of the PC?
And that isn't gigantic text.

That's normal post size.

Gigantic text is when 1 post takes up 1/3 of a page.

elephants

it's somewhere in your motherboard manual, chances are that the entire range of F0 up to FF is 'normal operation', and you can disregard the exact value.

in this sense generally the hexadecimal display shows values of increasing value as you're going to the boot procedure. nothing happening at all would be 00 (dead cpu, for example), then everything related to RAM could be up in the 10-1F, graphics could be 20-28 for example, no boot drive could be 87 for example, and so on.

31 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Specs of the PC?
And that isn't gigantic text.

That's normal post size.

Gigantic text is when 1 post takes up 1/3 of a page.

My rig : Ryzen 7 5800x, rtx 2070, 16gb, Rog crosshair viii hero, ssd 240 and hard drive 1tb.

So apparently my cpu gets warmer because the clock speed gets up out of nowhere. Idk why that happens.

2 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

My rig : Ryzen 7 5800x, rtx 2070, 16gb, Rog crosshair viii hero, ssd 240 and hard drive 1tb.

So apparently my cpu gets warmer because the clock speed gets up out of nowhere. Idk why that happens.

Yeah, it will produce more heat when it goes faster...

elephants

Any of ALL post codes and beep codes are stickied in the Trouble shooting section.

But for your convenience, you can just visit the thread from my sig below.

-----

Post codes are not always indicative of an error. Mostly used for information purposes.

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Yeah, it will produce more heat when it goes faster...

Thats not what i wanted to say. Yes i know if a car starts moving the wheels are gonna spin. But the clocks goes up on idle and the temp gets at 60 degrees !!!

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Any of ALL post codes and beep codes are stickied in the Trouble shooting section.

But for your convenience, you can just visit the thread from my sig below.

-----

Post codes are not always indicative of an error. Mostly used for information purposes.

I did search before asking here. I said five stars level because thats what the internet is saying
image.png.4d2c13eae90d645bfc55204d0b5d4d83.png

Just now, Gustavo Dutra said:

I did searched before asking here. I said five stars level because thats what the internet is saying
image.png.4d2c13eae90d645bfc55204d0b5d4d83.png

OK, so if you have a FF code when you start the PC and it doesn't boot, your next course of action is to install the little speaker or case speaker to get the Error Beeps. The board will tell you exactly the fault through the Beeps. The display simply indicated a fault. Informational only see?

3 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Oh yeah, i saw this one too. But didn't get me convinced. But right now im just worried bout these weird ass clock speeds giving me 60 temp. I had the ryzen 7 2700x and maximum it got me was like 50 degrees.

1 minute ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

Oh yeah, i saw this one too. But didn't got me convince. But right now im just worried bout these weird ass clock speeds giving me 60 temp. I had the ryzen 7 2700x and maximum it got me was like 50 degrees.

The 5800X runs quite hot.

Open Task Manager and see what's using the CPU.

elephants

Oh yeah, i saw this one too. But didn't got me convinced. But right now im just worried bout these weird ass clock speeds giving me 60 temp. I had the ryzen 7 2700x and maximum it got me was like 50 degrees.

Your 2700x runs/ran way cooler than mine XD (on the stock cooler)

Transistor density and high single core voltage and boosts = Extended Frequency Range (XFR for short) and also the advertised Boost clocks.

It's kind of normal. Not everyone has the same ambient delta (room temps), but I can link you a guy with the exact same "really non issue" issue. 

Nice to know its normal then. Thanks both of you for helping me. Have a nice day/night/evening.

Nice to know its normal then. Thanks both of you for helping me. Have a nice day/night/evening.

Thank you for the thank you. Most people don't do half that much!! 

Do read the thread real quick. Not long, some interesting information in there I think.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Thank you for the thank you. Most people don't do half that much!! 

Do read the thread real quick. Not long, some interesting information in there I think.

Sure, btw apparently i got a future error that asus need to know what it is lol image.png.71dae07cf1d04c38b20b7332e1e22707.png

5 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

image.png.162758fb8e6c5a2a8ebfadce8db84665.pngIs this one bad ?

Not really. 

This is an external device error. Could be a mouse or keyboard, headset.... anything really. 

Some external devices which have an error can and sometimes will prevent a system from completing self check and then fully post to OS.

14 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Not really. 

This is an external device error. Could be a mouse or keyboard, headset.... anything really. 

Some external devices which have an error can and sometimes will prevent a system from completing self check and then fully post to OS.

Yeah i think my temps are ok. Tested on the 3dmark. Thanks again.

image.thumb.png.ae9e4e7d6a122a15adda6709073af3ac.png

Try Cinbench R23 and use HWInfo64 for all your sensor readings.