I can't make a decision

Hey guys,

I'm going to buy a new TV. But like the tittle said, I can't make a decision.

My budget is around 800 euro/dollar. I can stretch my budget if needed.

Must have's:

- 1080p (standard stuff)

- Minimal 40" - Max 50"

- 3D, I don't care about Passive or Active

- Minimal 100Hz

- Smart TV

Use:

- Watching TV (much Football or in the USA it's called Soccer..... -.-)

- Later on gaming on a PS4

- Watch movies

I like bright colors myself.

Thanks!

I would strongly recommend a Plasma TV myself, as you can get models that fit those specifications (3D, effective over 100Hz, smart functionality, etc)

Plasma TV's excel in fast motion playback (sports) as well as true 24p blu-ray playback. They have much deeper blacks, which generally equates to far superior contrast ratios. Generally superior colour accuracy and reproduction, and in my experience at least - superior overall visual quality.

The main downside is three fold:

1. Screen is not as bright, thus if being used in a VERY bright room with direct sunlight, then LED-LCD might be a better direction. Note - if you can light control the room (blinds/curtains, etc) then this won't be an issue.

2. Higher power consumption.  Plasma TV's take up a lot of juice, so if you're extremely concerned about low power usage, then LED-LCD is the most efficient option.

3. Weight - Because Plasma TV's use a solid glass surface, they weigh a lot. This a 50-inch can easily be moved around by two people though, so it's mostly only an issue with mounting and making sure you can support the weight.

Other issues that traditionally made Plasma undesirable such as "Burn-in" are essentially non-existent on modern Plasma TV's. I have an LG 50PA6500 50" Plasma TV running on an HTPC in my living room, and I have zero issues.

I would recommend looking at LG, Panasonic, and Samsung for Plasma technology:

1. Panasonic makes the most superior Plasma TV's, but they may be too expensive.

2. LG makes some fantastic options (Mine was $650 including taxes) but I'm not sure if they have a Smart TV offering with that small of screen. I know they have a 60-Inch Smart TV option at a very good price: http://www.amazon.com/LG-60PN5700-60-Inch-Class-Plasma/dp/B00CPDRKWG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395512347&sr=8-3&keywords=lg+plasma+tv

3. Samsung makes some excellent Plasma TV's that are getting closer to Panasonic in quality, but I've no idea what the prices are like.

I'm sure most everyone here will suggest an LED-LCD smart TV - and they aren't wrong to do so. You have many more options, and more TV's will fall into your specific requirements. But trust me (or don't, and try one out for yourself), Plasma TV's look that much better. My $650 Plasma TV rivals the visual quality of a $2000 LED-LCD TV.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Ya, new plasmas all the way. ^

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

In the stores I was buying for a new TV last year they had maybe 1 model of plasmas. Everything else were LCDs. Are you sure you'll be able to find any?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!