Help with game pass/ea play

MarvintheParrot
Go to solution Solved by Morrie Sells Wigs,

I have E.A Play via Steam, and Game Pass on Windows. 

They were supposed to be giving E.A Play to all pc Game Pass subscribers on December 15th 2020.

However, on the day of release they offered up some pathetic excuse and it never happened - but it is meant to at some point this year.

Consequently, you only get E.A Play free on the Xbox console version of Game Pass.

They aren't transferable between your xbox and pc (cross platform).

You will have to repurchase if you want to use it on pc.

Hi!

Recently, I purchased Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for PC. Note that this includes EA play. I would like to be able to play some of the free games that I have, such as Battlefield V. Is there anyway to link my EA play/Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to my PC and or Steam? Sorry if this seems dumb, I'm normally pretty good with troubleshooting stuff like this, but this is just SO confusing 🙂 

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Just now, MarvintheParrot said:

Hi!

Recently, I purchased Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for PC. Note that this includes EA play. I would like to be able to play some of the free games that I have, such as Battlefield V. Is there anyway to link my EA play/Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to my PC and or Steam? Sorry if this seems dumb, I'm normally pretty good with troubleshooting stuff like this, but this is just SO confusing 🙂 

In terms of linking to pc, I think this is possible but only through the Xbox app I reckon. I could be wrong, although it’s unlikely that you can link to steam, again I could be wrong! Hope that helps 🙂

8 minutes ago, Robslav said:

In terms of linking to pc, I think this is possible but only through the Xbox app I reckon. I could be wrong, although it’s unlikely that you can link to steam, again I could be wrong! Hope that helps 🙂

ok, it looks linked, but why when I go onto steam I still have to pay full price for Battlefield V, when it should be free?

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

1 minute ago, MarvintheParrot said:

ok, it looks linked, but why when I go onto steam I still have to pay full price for Battlefield V, when it should be free?

You'll most likely have to go through your respective Origin / Xbox gamepass accounts & apps

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

i dont think steam gives acces to ea play, its a console thing only

1 minute ago, ComputerBuilder said:

Thats what i thought at first too, but there is a whole Steam page for ea play

https://store.steampowered.com/subscriptions/ea

2 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

You can get EA play through steam now, it’s £0.80 for your first month just now. Just not able to cross EA play purchased through Xbox and EA play purchased through steam.

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You'll most likely have to go through your respective Origin / Xbox gamepass accounts & apps

what do you mean? On the Xbox game pass app it shows that my steam is linked. 

4 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

While steam allows for you to purchase EA games it is not EAs game store so if you want to access EA play stuff you will likely have to go through orgin instead. 

Just now, Robslav said:

You can get EA play through steam now, it’s £0.80 for your first month just now. Just not able to cross EA play purchased through Xbox and EA play purchased through steam.

so my ea play for xbox game pass for PC will not work on PC?

Just now, MarvintheParrot said:

so my ea play for xbox game pass for PC will not work on PC?

No, Ea play purchased through steam cannot be used for Xbox and PC, however ea play purchased through Xbox and Microsoft I’m 99% sure will work on pc and Xbox due to windows new gaming Xbox stuff. Not very technical terms my apologies 😅

what do you mean? On the Xbox game pass app it shows that my steam is linked. 

Just because your steam is linked doesn't mean that you can access EA play stuff through steam. You have to remember that valve gets a cut of sales from steam so likely the EA play bundled through Microsoft game pass is referring to on bought on orgin and not steam. 

4 minutes ago, Robslav said:

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

While steam allows for you to purchase EA games it is not EAs game store so if you want to access EA play stuff you will likely have to go through orgin instead. 

Ok, so here's what i have gathered. To purchase Battlefield V for free, I must purchase it through Origin. When I try that, it does not recognize that I have EA play. So how would I link my EA account and xbox account....

6 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Ok, so here's what i have gathered. To purchase Battlefield V for free, I must purchase it through Origin. When I try that, it does not recognize that I have EA play. So how would I link my EA account and xbox account....

So I have done some research and it says you will have to link your orgin account with the Xbox account but I should also note that I also saw a new article from December saying that EA play through Microsoft game pass ultimate for pc was being delayed and that it was only for consoles for now. Idk if they have released it yet. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

So I have done some research and it says you will have to link your orgin account with the Xbox account but I should also note that I also saw a new article from December saying that EA play through Microsoft game pass ultimate for pc was being delayed and that it was only for consoles for now. Idk if they have released it yet. 

how would i link origin and xbox?

EA Play was meant to release in December, was delayed on launch day and no further updates have been given.

They were supposed to be giving E.A Play to all pc Game Pass subscribers on December 15th 2020.

However, on the day of release they offered up some pathetic excuse and it never happened - but it is meant to at some point this year.

Consequently, you only get E.A Play free on the Xbox console version of Game Pass.

They aren't transferable between your xbox and pc (cross platform).

You will have to repurchase if you want to use it on pc.

1 minute ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

On the day of release they offered up some pathetic excuse and it never happened - but it meant to at some point this year.

Consequently, you only get it free on the Xbox console version of Game Pass.

They aren't transferable or cross platform. 

I just ended up buying EA play on Steam and Game pass on windows. Anyway, thanks for everyone's help!

3 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

I just ended up buying EA play on Steam and Game pass on windows. Anyway, thanks for everyone's help!

That's what I did when they didn't release it on December 15th.

It's not a bad service, all told.

I've replayed Jedi: Fallen Order (after playing it on ps4 pro originally), and the Fifa 21 trial, plus BF1 and 5, Titanfall 2, Mass Effect Andromeda.

I'm also about to try the 10 hour trial of Star Wars Squadrons.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As a small disclaimer for future reference, the version of E.A Play you get on the official Origin site has all the games available, whereas the Steam version is missing some content. 

Just something to consider. 

1 minute ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

That's what I did when they didn't release it on December 15th.

It's not a bad service, all told.

I've replayed Jedi: Fallen Order (after playing it on ps4 pro originally), and the Fifa 21 trial, plus BF1 and 5, Titanfall 2, Mass Effect Andromeda.

I'm also about to try the 10 hour trial of Star Wars Squadrons.

yep, I just downloaded Battlefield V overnight. Jedi: Fallen Order will be installed by the end of the day, same with Squadrons. Damn, I love game services 🙂 (All for $30 USD, all three games are worth $130+ USD)

7 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

yep, I just downloaded Battlefield V overnight. Jedi: Fallen Order will be installed by the end of the day, same with Squadrons. Damn, I love game services 🙂 (All for $30 USD, all three games are worth $130+ USD)

Definitely. 

I had to replay Jedi: FO on pc as it wasn't the best experience on the ps4 pro.

The frame rate wasn't the best, and it had that hazy mist over everything that a lot of console games seem to have.

Squadrons got positive reviews so I'm hoping it's good.