New phone under 400$

N0way

Hi,

I am about to spend one semester in Korea and I would like to buy a new phone before I leave. I am not a heave phone user, and I would welcome some advice other than "get the new iphone". Last time I spent big money on a phone was back in the day when LG G4 came out, and I rocked it without any need for an upgrade for like 4 or 5 years before It literally died, the same with my dad's iphone SE I had afterwards. I am fine even with my current phone (2 yo Motorola g7 plus), but for the trip, I would really like better camera, since that is the weakest point of this phone (imho shoots worse that the G4). I live in EU, and phones here are touch more expensive than in US, but not significantly and I am buying unlocked. Also I don't really want to spend time rooting etc.. again, I just want a phone ready to use, preferably with clean android. Here are some things I would like from my new phone:

1. under 400$
  2. good camera (no fancy stuff, I just want to shoot some solid foto/video)
  3. good battery life
  4. max 6,2"
  5. stereo speakers
  6. headphone jack would be cool
  7. Not an uknown brand/used phone

I think there won't be a phone ticking all the boxes I set, but I would like to get close. My current favourite is s10e, the bummer is the samsung sw, which I don't like, but I can live with it, and it's little over the budget, as well as the 2020 SE, but the battery sux
Anyway, Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day!

Google Pixel 4a all the way. Checks all basically all the boxes, it's $350 for the 128Gb storage model, a great camera, I end the day with 60% and have screen-on time around 5-6 hours a day, it's (I think) a 6 inch screen, and it still has a headphone jack. It does technically have an amplified earpiece, so stereo speakers are technically checked, but it doesn't work that well. Otherwise, for the price, you really cannot go wrong, especially since Google updates their phones quickly and has promised at least 3 years of security updates and 2 years of feature updates.

16 minutes ago, N0way said:

Hi,

I am about to spend one semester in Korea and I would like to buy a new phone before I leave. I am not a heave phone user, and I would welcome some advice other than "get the new iphone". Last time I spent big money on a phone was back in the day when LG G4 came out, and I rocked it without any need for an upgrade for like 4 or 5 years before It literally died, the same with my dad's iphone SE I had afterwards. I am fine even with my current phone (2 yo Motorola g7 plus), but for the trip, I would really like better camera, since that is the weakest point of this phone (imho shoots worse that the G4). I live in EU, and phones here are touch more expensive than in US, but not significantly and I am buying unlocked. Also I don't really want to spend time rooting etc.. again, I just want a phone ready to use, preferably with clean android. Here are some things I would like from my new phone:

1. under 400$
  2. good camera (no fancy stuff, I just want to shoot some solid foto/video)
  3. good battery life
  4. max 6,2"
  5. stereo speakers
  6. headphone jack would be cool
  7. Not an uknown brand/used phone

I think there won't be a phone ticking all the boxes I set, but I would like to get close. My current favourite is s10e, the bummer is the samsung sw, which I don't like, but I can live with it, and it's little over the budget, as well as the 2020 SE, but the battery sux
Anyway, Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day!

Take a look at the OnePlus Nord series

System

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Phanteks eclipse P400A

Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 TI Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16GB XPG D60G CL16 3200MHZ

PSU: Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W

Storage: Crucial P2 1TB

23 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Google Pixel 4a all the way. Checks all basically all the boxes, it's $350 for the 128Gb storage model, a great camera, I end the day with 60% and have screen-on time around 5-6 hours a day, it's (I think) a 6 inch screen, and it still has a headphone jack. It does technically have an amplified earpiece, so stereo speakers are technically checked, but it doesn't work that well. Otherwise, for the price, you really cannot go wrong, especially since Google updates their phones quickly and has promised at least 3 years of security updates and 2 years of feature updates.

The cheapest 4a currently is over 500$, which is suprising since I've never seen such a difference in the price..

26 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Website you're gonna buy from? Mobile carrier?

I dont have a favourite website or anything like that, but I am definitely not buying from my carrier

4 minutes ago, N0way said:

I dont have a favourite website or anything like that, but I am definitely not buying from my carrier

I meant what carrier are you going to be using, because some phones don't support specific bands.

Anyway, I would suggest getting the Xiaomi Mi 9T/Pro, photos are will turn out very good, especially with gcam.

34 minutes ago, EL02 said:

I meant what carrier are you going to be using, because some phones don't support specific bands.

Anyway, I would suggest getting the Xiaomi Mi 9T/Pro, photos are will turn out very good, especially with gcam.

16 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Please provide links to the seller from which you intend to buy the phone.

Else forget about it. Because you are not using dollars in Korea or Europe.

I mainly look here https://www.alza.cz/EN/smartphones/18845588.htm
Im a vodafone customer