Drives not showing up.

Go to solution Solved by WhitetailAni,
6 minutes ago, Lostcomputernoob said:

the nvme with windows on it is showing up because i downloaded windows on it because i want it as my main boot drive and also the hard drive that has nothing on it ,im missing the ssd which was my old boot drive

Move the SSD's SATA data cable again. Make sure it's not in the port that the HDD was in.

I just bought a new nvme m.2 Samsung 980, i had to drives 2 drives(hard drive,ssd)  before i added the nvme, one having windows installed onto it already ,and one completely wiped and need of partition , i did everything that was needed, i unplugged the hard drives before installing the nvme (Done in the correct slot) and everything was working fine i got my usb key and loaded windows onto the nvme but then when i shut my pc off and plugged in the drives they didnt show up and i knew they still worked because when i took out the nvme the drives booted up and showed both drives where still active and i was able to use it,but when i plugged the m.2 in it just disappeared  ,i seen the disk manager there not there and they dont show up in bios ,please i need help pc specs are :

motherboard:MPG Z390  

cpu:i7 9700k

gpu:rtx 2060 

psu:850watt corsair

ram :vengeance cosair 32 gb ram 

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Try moving the ports that the SATA cables are connected to.

should i try a different

data cable or power cable or both 

Just now, Lostcomputernoob said:

should i try a different

data cable or power cable or both 

Move the ports that the SATA data cables are connected to on the motherboard.

elephants

10 minutes ago, Lostcomputernoob said:

I just bought a new nvme m.2 Samsung 980, i had to drives 2 drives(hard drive,ssd)  before i added the nvme, one having windows installed onto it already ,and one completely wiped and need of partition , i did everything that was needed, i unplugged the hard drives before installing the nvme (Done in the correct slot) and everything was working fine i got my usb key and loaded windows onto the nvme but then when i shut my pc off and plugged in the drives they didnt show up and i knew they still worked because when i took out the nvme the drives booted up and showed both drives where still active and i was able to use it,but when i plugged the m.2 in it just disappeared  ,i seen the disk manager there not there and they dont show up in bios ,please i need help pc specs are :

motherboard:MPG Z390  

cpu:i7 9700k

gpu:rtx 2060 

psu:850watt corsair

ram :vengeance cosair 32 gb ram 

In which slot did you put in the m.2? And the Hard drive and SSD are SATA, right?

16 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Move the ports that the SATA data cables are connected to on the motherboard.

one drive showed up but the windows one isnt do i have to delete it or something if i do how the hell do i do that

one drive showed up but the windows one isnt do i have to delete it or something if i do how the hell do i do that

Is the windows one your NVMe?
If so, can you move it to a different slot?

elephants

9 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

In which slot did you put in the m.2? And the Hard drive and SSD are SATA, right?

the bottom one cus my cooler was to big but im pretty sure it works cus im on it rn and also one drive showed up the only one missing is the other windows drive so idk how to get that here i  think i need to delete windows off it but im not sure how to do that

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Is the windows one your NVMe?
If so, can you move it to a different slot?

i got currently 2 drives with windows my old one which is the ssd and the new nvme ,the one i just bought 

i got currently 2 drives with windows my old one which is the ssd and the new nvme ,the one i just bought 

Which one did you refer to as the Windows drive - the NVMe or a SATA one?

elephants

Which one did you refer to as the Windows drive - the NVMe or a SATA one?

the nvme has windows on it ,as well as my old sata one (as that use to be my boot drive before i switched ) sorry ik im kinda confusing im trying to explain best i can 

the nvme has windows on it ,as well as my old sata one (as that use to be my boot drive before i switched ) sorry ik im kinda confusing im trying to explain best i can 

So what's showing up right now?
The NVMe and the non-WIndows SATA, or no NVME and both SATA?

elephants

So what's showing up right now?
The NVMe and the non-WIndows SATA, or no NVME and both SATA?

the nvme with windows on it is showing up because i downloaded windows on it because i want it as my main boot drive and also the hard drive that has nothing on it ,im missing the ssd which was my old boot drive

6 minutes ago, Lostcomputernoob said:

Move the SSD's SATA data cable again. Make sure it's not in the port that the HDD was in.

elephants

37 minutes ago, Lostcomputernoob said:

the bottom one cus my cooler was to big but im pretty sure it works cus im on it rn and also one drive showed up the only one missing is the other windows drive so idk how to get that here i  think i need to delete windows off it but im not sure how to do that

Make sure both of them are plugged into SATA1, 2, 3 or 4 port, as when the ssd is in, those 2 ports get disabled 

image.png.f0f1fff9078df33555e438609d9c6d9e.png 

1 hour ago, ragnarok0273 said:

thank you so much for helping man