Asus GTX750 power requirements.

Hello, a friend has a computer built on an a8 (not sure which one). 4 gb of ram and unknown Mobo. He has a 260-300 W psu and he wanted to buy an Asus GTX750, since that card doesn't require any power connectors, will the 300w psu be enough to run it? 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

a 750 or 750ti will run fine on a 300  or 250 watt psu

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Hello, a friend has a computer built on an a8 (not sure which one). 4 gb of ram and unknown Mobo. He has a 260-300 W psu and he wanted to buy an Asus GTX750, since that card doesn't require any power connectors, will the 300w psu be enough to run it? 

yeah

a 750 or 750ti will run fine on a 300  or 250 watt psu

Really depends on the PSU. Some lower quality ones pull a LOT less power than they advertise. Whereas higher quality ones can pull more than they advertise.

Really depends on the PSU. Some lower quality ones pull a LOT less power than they advertise. Whereas higher quality ones can pull more than they advertise.

i believe pcper went out and got like 3  crappy desktops from walmart or something and tried a 750ti on them and nothing went wrong

oh wait i found the vid here

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Upgrade-Story-Can-GTX-750-Ti-Convert-OEMs-PCs-Gaming-PCs

i believe op will wont have to worry

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i believe pcper went out and got like 3  crappy desktops from walmart or something and tried a 750ti on them and nothing went wrong

oh wait i found the vid here

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Upgrade-Story-Can-GTX-750-Ti-Convert-OEMs-PCs-Gaming-PCs

i believe op will wont have to worry

Oh I know, I just thought I should mention it. I had a 350w that really only pulled 294w, but that was like 6 years ago.

Oh I know, I just thought I should mention it. I had a 350w that really only pulled 294w, but that was like 6 years ago.

i bought a generic second hand 350 watt psu and ran a 9800gtx and a QX6700 xD

GTX750 Max TDP= 55W

(Assuming)

A8 5600K Max TDP= 100W

extra 10%

Total= 170.5Watt

Your friend should have no problems at all with a decent 300W PSU.