12-inch Retina MacBook Air coming soon without fans and mechanical trackpad buttons

You seem to be quite misinformed. The hardware in an iPhone definitely determines how well the phone performs. If software determines how long the hardware in a device performs, the why doesn't my 6 year old dell still perform well? If I installed OSX onto something, the software won't improve the speed of the machine. An android phone will perform differently from any other model because many different companies create phones running the same OS. Between an M8 and a Nexus 5, the performance will be different because they contain very different hardware. The same way an iPhone 3 may not be able to run intensive apps designed for a 5. There is a huge gap in hardware. Apple's hardware can't make a 3 perform like a 5. Software cannot compensate for hardware that way. Don't even get me started on when you said that most people can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p. That is just pure garbage.

Not necessarily true. Software can make a BIG difference on a computers performance For example look at some of the performance features apple release for mavericks http://www.apple.com/uk/osx/advanced-technologies/. - these have a definite positive effect on performance vs previous

I agree the hardware does dictate the performance of the phone overall, but the best thing about Apple is that they KNOW what processors/ram/gpus are going into their system, and they can optimize their OS around that, a bit like a playstation.-  the hardware is consistent, even down the the exact model processor across all macbooks for example 

And 720p and 1008p in terms of a phone screen, no most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference from a normal viewing distance. Research has shown that above 300ppi from a normal distance pixels are indistinguishable to the human eye 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Damn Apple have only been the best at portable computers. This sounds save worthy.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

You seem to be quite misinformed. The hardware in an iPhone definitely determines how well the phone performs. If software determines how long the hardware in a device performs, the why doesn't my 6 year old dell still perform well? If I installed OSX onto something, the software won't improve the speed of the machine. An android phone will perform differently from any other model because many different companies create phones running the same OS. Between an M8 and a Nexus 5, the performance will be different because they contain very different hardware. The same way an iPhone 3 may not be able to run intensive apps designed for a 5. There is a huge gap in hardware. Apple's hardware can't make a 3 perform like a 5. Software cannot compensate for hardware that way. Don't even get me started on when you said that most people can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p. That is just pure garbage.

I didn't say software could make a 5 year old phones as fast as new one, but the fact the AppleiPhone 5S can beat out the S5 in terms of speed and consistency, then making hardware comparison between those to irrelevant. If there's proper optimisation, any android phone could run smooth, for example the Moto X with its dual core processor. And anything screen above 300 ppi have pixels which is indistinguishable by the eye at normal distance (of course there will be a difference between 720p and 1080p on a 15 inch laptop). And this trend towards higher resolution (2.5 K display on 5 inch screen) mobile displays just shows the lack of knowledge of certain companies

surprise me Apple with a decent price, then will talk

PC Gaming forever...