18" subwoofer with a 1200 watt amp!

GroundbreakingCrew9

I think you have the same problem I did back in the day when I was running a big stereo.  You have no trunk left in your car, hope it sounds good.  I miss the loud stereo but wouldn't want another one.

Mine was a 2001 VW GTI with a pair of 10's and a 1200W amp.  Had a second amp at 75Wx4 for the mids/highs. 

In all seriousness though I hate to be the old fart in the room but watch your hearing, I have a several DB permanent loss in the mid/low frequencies and persistent Tinnitus that's in the 6.4KHZ range.  Pretty much attribute it to the stereo, I ran it hard and loud anytime I drove the thing.

PCDV0002.JPG

I used to install that stuff, between that and playing with orchestras for quite a few years, my tinnitus constantly reminds me of my past. As mentioned previously, watch your ears.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

12 hours ago, comander said:

Have you properly treated everything for sound? Think mass loaded vinyl...

The environment your speakers are in matters and a good but not exceptional speaker in a good environment will beat an overkill speaker in a sub optimal environment. 

Also you'd probably be better off with two smaller subs and MAYBE a Transducer if you want to feel the low frequencies. 

I haven't. I still want to make some type of amp rack first, then do the sound damping on the doors and hatch.

Cool, completely impractical considering you lose your entire trunk space though.

Also, without knowing anything else about you and only this, I think you're probably the worst kind of neighbor to have (it's not enjoyable to have someone drive around the neighborhood with the base cranked up... It gets old, FAST. And it wouldn't surprise me if you had something similar at home).

That and you will likely end up going deaf sooner rather than later. While the low frequency of the sub is not as harmful as the high frequency of regular speakers, the two typically go in pair and you will likely want to put that music to the max a lot of the time.

But hey, that's just my opinion, feel free to disregard it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro