10 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

Why did you boot it with no cpu? The VRMs probs aren't made to be run with no load at all

It wasn't starting, so one of my friends who works with computers a lot was helping me troubleshoot it. He had me unplug all the ram, cpu and gpu to see if it would start.

59 minutes ago, gal-m said:

What the f**k happened @Noctilucent Adastra!? 

Doing troubleshooting on it with the help of a friend, and this happened when I unplugged the cpu, ram and gpu.

17 minutes ago, hirusha.adikari said:

u spilled some water on it?

Nope.

1 minute ago, Noctilucent Adastra said:

It wasn't starting, so one of my friends who works with computers a lot was helping me troubleshoot it. He had me unplug all the ram, cpu and gpu to see if it would start.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have started without any components, since there couldn't be any video output, as there is not cpu

4 minutes ago, Noctilucent Adastra said:

He had me unplug all the ram, cpu and gpu to see if it would start

The only thing that is commonly done by unplugging everything from the motherboard and just powering (NOT booting) the motherboard on, is performing a BIOS flashback.

Your computer can't boot without a CPU and RAM, so not sure why he recommended that @Noctilucent Adastra..

Just now, Latvian Video said:

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have started without any components, since there couldn't be any video output, as there is not cpu

No, as in it wouldn't even go to post. All I would get was a click from the PSU, which I knew was good, cause it was brand new.

Just now, gal-m said:

The only thing that is commonly done by unplugging everything from the motherboard and just powering (NOT booting) the motherboard on, is performing a BIOS flashback.

Your computer can't boot without a CPU and RAM, so not sure why he recommended that @Noctilucent Adastra..

Because I wasn't getting anything at all when I tried to power it on. So he had me do that to try and get the motherboard to show post codes. Then that happened.

Just now, Noctilucent Adastra said:

Because I wasn't getting anything at all when I tried to power it on. So he had me do that to try and get the motherboard to show post codes. Then that happened.

I would have removed components one by one, and always checking, removed 1 ram stick, check, remove the other one and put in the other one, check, ect.

Just now, Latvian Video said:

I would have removed components one by one, and always checking, removed 1 ram stick, check, remove the other one and put in the other one, check, ect.

I did until I got to that.

1 minute ago, Noctilucent Adastra said:

I did until I got to that.

Hmm, maybe the cpu/mobo was bad then

no matter what happend and why. RIP ur MB bro. now u need to get a new one

Just now, flo_306 said:

no matter what happend and why. RIP ur MB bro. now u need to get a new one

Hopefully I can get Best Buy or Asus to give me a replacement one considering its less than 3 months old.

4 minutes ago, Noctilucent Adastra said:

Pretty sure the Motherboard was bad

Hahahaha, well you know what they say.. you really get BANG for your buck with ASUS ROG motherboards 😂

In all seriousness @Noctilucent Adastra I am really sorry that you're going through issues such as this one and hope you manage to resolve it ASAP.

Could you let us know what ASUS says about your motherboard blowing up?

1 minute ago, gal-m said:

Hahahaha, well you know what they say.. you really get BANG for your buck with ASUS ROG motherboards 😂

In all seriousness @Noctilucent Adastra I am really sorry that you're going through issues such as this one and hope you manage to resolve it ASAP.

Could you let us know what ASUS says about your motherboard blowing up?

Yeah, and I really liked that MB too! I'll see if I can get in contact with someone over at Asus tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Noctilucent Adastra said:

Yeah, and I really liked that MB too! I'll see if I can get in contact with someone over at Asus tomorrow

Gotcha @Noctilucent Adastra! Well I am glad you're staying positive about this.

Please let us know what they said.

12 hours ago, gal-m said:

Gotcha @Noctilucent Adastra! Well I am glad you're staying positive about this.

Please let us know what they said.

So, I couldn't get ahold of Asus today, but I talked to Best Buy, and they want me to schedule an appointment for it to be repaired... And the closest opening that's available for me is next weekend...

Best Buy will not be able to fix that.

I haven't seen that happen before, it was pretty cool how the failure cascaded like that.

Your friend doesn't know what he is doing.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

if booting like that caused a failure, those components were likely faulty. I'd hold off on any kind of repair and wait until you contact asus; 3rd party repairs might cause issues with your warranty, unless best buy promises to replace the board.

7 hours ago, Noctilucent Adastra said:

for it to be repaired

They want to.. repair... a BLOWN UP.. motherboard????????????

tenor.gif?itemid=5943310

@Noctilucent Adastra you need to get a hold of ASUS directly. Send them this video, pictures, whatever it takes. Especially if it's under warranty. This NEEDS to get resolved by them ASAP.

You can't repair a blown up motherboard, honestly man what the f**k were Best Buy thinking. Did you tell or show them what happened?