Headset's USB-C Adaptor burnt, need help fixing.

DreamCaster

Hi! So my Asus ROG Delta gaming headset's USB-C male port had melted the other day while plugged in to my computer through the USB adaptor that it comes with. I tried taking it back to BestBuy where I bought it, but my return period already ended. So then I try calling Asus directly, but was told that they don't do replacements nor fix headsets. So now I'm stuck with trying to get them fixed. Can anyone tell me where I could send them to get fixed? Thanks in advance!

20210203_172135.jpg

334034314_20210203_172140(2).jpg

4 minutes ago, DreamCaster said:

Hi! So my Asus ROG Delta gaming headset's USB-C male port had melted the other day while plugged in to my computer through the USB adaptor that it comes with. I tried taking it back to BestBuy where I bought it, but my return period already ended. So then I try calling Asus directly, but was told that they don't do replacements nor fix headsets. So now I'm stuck with trying to get them fixed. Can anyone tell me where I could send them to get fixed? Thanks in advance!

20210203_172135.jpg

334034314_20210203_172140(2).jpg

Is it still within the warranty period?

It shouldn't have burnt, or at least had some sort of system to protect it from doing so. I'd reach out to ASUS warranty and say that the headset is defective, which is the reason that you want to return it. Unless you held a match up to it, they sold you a faulty product and should be the ones to replace it.

3 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

Is it still within the warranty period?

I got them a month ago.

2 minutes ago, DreamCaster said:

I got them a month ago.

Yeah they should be covered under warranty you should contact Asus.

20 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It shouldn't have burnt, or at least had some sort of system to protect it from doing so. I'd reach out to ASUS warranty and say that the headset is defective, which is the reason that you want to return it. Unless you held a match up to it, they sold you a faulty product and should be the ones to replace it.

You know how to contact their warranty department?