"High Power" PSUs, Are These Good?

legcramp

Hello guys, 

I stumbled across a few of these PSUs for cheap around my area locally and was wondering if these are any good to use for backup or builds for family/friends etc. I couldn't find much about them except they are possibly built by Sirtec.

• HP1-J600GD-F12S
  • HPS-850GD-F12S

http://www.highpower-tech.com/OEM/products_main.php?class=20200525115155&id=20200602115915

https://pcpartsoutletstore.com/high-power-hps-850gd-f12s-atx-850w-switching-power-supply-psu-115-230v-50-60hz.html

Thanks for any feedback!

High Power and Sirfa/Sirtec are the same thing. The HP1-J looks fine. Only two PCIe connectors, and a sleeve bearing fan, but other than that, it does look decent, with LLC + DC-DC. The HPS was certified in 2009... So that thing is likely over a decade old, and should not be used.

:)

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

High Power and Sirfa/Sirtec are the same thing. The HP1-J looks fine. Only two PCIe connectors, and a sleeve bearing fan, but other than that, it does look decent, with LLC + DC-DC. The HPS was certified in 2009... So that thing is likely over a decade old, and should not be used.

Thank you, I will pick up the HP1-J models then. 

Not as nice as this High Power..

Fractal Design Ion+ Series 760 W Review | TechPowerUp

I was thinking about buying that one or the Seasonic 750 heh..

They have been around since the dawn of time.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

7 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

That looks like a Chieftec Polaris that Aris reviewed, it is called HP Performance GD and the platform is HP #817:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/chieftec-polaris-psu-750-w/3.html

Thanks for the beautiful internal photos by the way.

It's not a bad PSU then! I believe these were used in the pre-builts from cyberpower/Ibuypower systems etc. 

Yup, no problem on the pictures; it was the least I can do for @seon123's advice on which ones I should pick-up.

• 4 months later...

I just opened my High Power HPS-850GD-F12S up (I also bought the same two models) and it looks different than yours. Mine was manufactured a bit before yours with a different revision. Just wanted to know what kind of quality PSU I’m looking at or if it makes a difference with my revision. 

A01ACA9F-DAC3-443E-A085-14007B542913.jpeg

5C51924A-1FBD-4D9C-8CF7-BE786C992EC2.jpeg

BCDF50CB-F5CA-4A6F-A10D-1CF2E74B3E79.jpeg

8EAC751C-3D83-4E9A-A33E-09EB55D1921E.jpeg

74861819-D62B-4BCD-AAD1-C3CED69A190F.jpeg

2 hours ago, gerald191146 said:

I just opened my High Power HPS-850GD-F12S up (I also bought the same two models) and it looks different than yours.

Of course it's different, yours is HPS-850GD-F12S and the one above is HP1-J600GD-F12S and when it comes to High Power lineups, they're quite complicated, even within the same line there can be 2 (3?) different platforms depending on wattage. It should be decent. Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB Gold is based on the same platform with some changes (fan, RGB, modularity, capacitors, probably FETs too), it's okay, i'd assume this OEM model is too (although i can't really say that since there are no components breakdown but still).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 hours ago, Juular said:

Of course it's different, yours is HPS-850GD-F12S and the one above is HP1-J600GD-F12S

I didn’t even realize this. Guess I should open the other one too. I wanted to move the 850w into my main computer to replace a Corsair CX650M gray label. I’ll look into the components and compare it with the Thermaltake. Thanks for finding the platform 👍

7 hours ago, gerald191146 said:

I just opened my High Power HPS-850GD-F12S up

Several Months Later... | SpongeBob Time Card #76 - YouTube

Because somehow this is the "I opened up my High Power PSU" thread....