PS3 blinks on startup unsure what it means

Kanna

So my PS3 recently repasted and dusted out lately has been doing this blinking on startup (might not matter but it's softmodded)

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

https://digitalhospital.com.sg/7-step-procedure-to-fix-ps3-yellow-light-of-death-and-ps3-red-light-of-death/

PS3 Yellow Light of Death

If the power status light on your console flashes or blinks from green to yellow and back to green, this is known as the “yellow light of death”. If what you experience is a power status light that flashes red after using your console for 3 or more minutes and then shuts down, then you are likely to be experiencing the red light of death.

It’s widely believed that the main cause of the Yellow Light of Death is due to the processor getting so hot during heavy use of the console that the tiny solder points on the GPU liquefies and over time loses its connection with the motherboard.

Older PS3s tend to be more vulnerable to YLOD and it’s believed that this may be due to them having older less efficient processors that generate more heat than the newer PS3 models. The official line from Sony however is that the yellow indicator warning light can be caused for a variety of reasons, without giving any further explanation

What we do know from the many PS3 owners that have experienced the YLOD fault is that the only repair that seems consistently to work involves opening up the PS3 console and using a heat gun to heat up the CPU / GPU and direct chipsets.

However, in a limited number of cases, the YLOD warning may be due to a faulty power supply preventing the console from properly booting up. To determine what is causing the YLOD, switch the console off and allow it to cool down for at least 20 minutes. Then turn the console on and listen closely for the fan. If the fan powers on briefly and then switches off again, you are likely to have a problem with the motherboard. If you don’t hear the fan on start-up, then the likely problem is with the power supply.

5 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Is there a chance it could be bad ventilation because I do have it in a TV bench

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

40 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Is there a chance it could be bad ventilation because I do have it in a TV bench

If the fan is running, then it's possible overheating was enough to melt the solder joints between the CPU / GPU and board. To fix that, you have to use a special heatgun to "reflow" the connection back.

20 hours ago, StDragon said:

If the fan is running, then it's possible overheating was enough to melt the solder joints between the CPU / GPU and board. To fix that, you have to use a special heatgun to "reflow" the connection back.

Just figured it out it’s all good it was just webman loading

Reminder⚠️