Fight for Obesity!

Sotobi

Hey guys I'm doing this poll experiment for Political Science and was wondering if anybody would like to take part in answering a few questions about what the government could do to fight obesity. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out. Thanks!

There is a total of 20 questions, 10 per each link.

Second link is part two https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/59L8XHM

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding either the poll questions or the topic in general. I can sure use some feedback.

Of course... because government intervention will fix obesity... I think regulations should be put on fast food advertisements geared toward children and fast food advertisements in general but other than that and maybe a light tax I do not think the government should get involved past that(I assume this is for the US anyway).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The only thing that can make a person change is the person themselves. There's enough information out there if someone wants to do that.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Not the governments problem...it's the peoples imo.  If they got off the asses and did something, maybe it would help OR put a tax on BMI

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I thought this would be a thread where you were going to try and convince people that obesity is the way to go. And fight for it.

Government intervention won't help at all. 

All it would do is annoy the rest of us. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

People always forget about the other folks. Like me i'm 1.90 meters tall and i weigh 62 kg. I can't gain any weigth even tho i eat all day long.  

People always forget about the other folks. Like me i'm 1.90 meters tall and i weigh 62 kg. I can't gain any weigth even tho i eat all day long.  

Same here.. 

And yet i still have to put up with warning labels on cheese...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I would like to say that nyc tried to make it so you cant buy a foutain drink larger than 16oz because 32oz was to big, would that help? No, you can just buy 2 16oz drinks...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Not the governments problem...it's the peoples imo.  If they got off the asses and id something, maybe it would help OR put a tax on BMI

I agree with you there but obesity rates is rising at an alarming rate and people are pretty much giving up to lose that weight due to work and what not. 

So would government intervention help reduce this issue and help guide those people? Should they just let the people be as they are? 

Nice survey only thing that I had a pause was the organic food question. With big corporations like monsanto there is no such thing as organic food everything is gm

Not sure if the government is the problem, I think it is more of societies problem. 

I would like to say that nyc tried to make it so you cant buy a foutain drink larger than 16oz because 32oz was to big, would that help? No, you can just buy 2 16oz drinks...

Good point there, in one of poll questions it states if we should limit the calories one person can order at some fast-food place. Would fining that person after he/she goes over the limit help? Whats your thought in preventing that work around?

I thought this would be a thread where you were going to try and convince people that obesity is the way to go. And fight for it.

Government intervention won't help at all. 

All it would do is annoy the rest of us. 

I had the same trouble "fight for obesity" sounded like: It's my right to have a heart attack if i want to! This is Fat-parta!

Don't get mad, get even...

Thanks so far for helping guys

I had the same trouble "fight for obesity" sounded like: It's my right to have a heart attack if i want to! This is Fat-parta!

Sorry about that lol.

Yet some people who are embarrassed of what other people think of them doing so and they probably wouldn't do it.

I am a big guy. I have always been conscious of what I eat though. It's not just for my health, but also for my identity. I usually don't eat my fast food in the restaurant on the off chance I get some because of what I think people think of me. I get people that look at me funny, people that laugh and make jokes. I can't go to my local mall as frequently as I would like to because of what people think of me. It pisses me off, but it also hurts me inside quite a bit. I, being both big and Korean, get the usual "buddha" jokes. I almost fought a kid because of it.

Sorry for the useless wall of useless info, but I felt like getting that out of my system.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

on an unrelated topic I wonder what it would be like if you had no sense of taste

just humor me, it could simplify life a bit. 

Error: 410

Yet some people who are embarrassed of what other people think of them doing so and they probably wouldn't do it.

I am a big guy. I have always been conscious of what I eat though. It's not just for my health, but also for my identity. I usually don't eat my fast food in the restaurant on the off chance I get some because of what I think people think of me. I get people that look at me funny, people that laugh and make jokes. I can't go to my local mall as frequently as I would like to because of what people think of me. It pisses me off, but it also hurts me inside quite a bit. I, being both big and Korean, get the usual "buddha" jokes. I almost fought a kid because of it.

Sorry for the useless wall of useless info, but I felt like getting that out of my system.

I can sort of relate to what you're saying as I use to eat a lot of Mc.D and Burger King when I was 16 or so. I use to get all these giggles and crap from my fellow peers and others. I'm also korean and was sort of wide and overweight but now I pretty much got use to what people thought of me since their opinion had nothing on me really. I just picked myself up and started losing weight and eating healthy now I'm 5"10 @ 167 Pounds with normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels. 

am i the only one thats getting annoyed by these "hey guys im doing this poll for my school it would be awesome if you would vote" posts?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

am i the only one thats getting annoyed by these "hey guys im doing this poll for my school it would be awesome if you would vote" posts?

Sorry if I annoyed you and I didn't really see that kind of post on here. Also this is really for my Political Science Class. This is pretty much a one time thing for me doubt I'll have to do anything like this again in the near future so sorry if bugged ya.

Sorry if I annoyed you and I didn't really see that kind of post on here. Also this is really for my Political Science Class. This is pretty much a one time thing for me doubt I'll have to do anything like this again in the near future so sorry if bugged ya.

its not that "you" annoyed me but lately ive just seen a lot of these posts but eh then again i dont wan be an asshole and i dont wana boss ppl around thats not my style so who really cares. keep doing ya thing! ;) sorry if i came off as an asshole

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

its not that "you" annoyed me but lately ive just seen a lot of these posts but eh then again i dont wan be an asshole and i dont wana boss ppl around thats not my style so who really cares. keep doing ya thing! ;) sorry if i came off as an asshole

There's an Off Topic subforum for a reason. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

There's an Off Topic subforum for a reason. If you don't like it, don't read it.

jeez ok if i would have known from the title of the post what it is exactly about i wouldnt bother

Specs of my PC:

Yeah, same trouble here, (kinda expected that since thi is a techie forum and most of us must be fat-like guys) i've fought that since i can remember, until being the "fatty" of the class wasn't fun anymore, in fact it had never been; so when you become an adult and have to do something for you that really makes you put things clear to yourself, and yet being unloved by girls and understimated or stereothypied (hope i wrote it right) is more than enough to make you change your eating habits, plus health is something you can't play with.

Don't get mad, get even...