got a 2080S 8GB, should i buy a new psu?

deathfrankcore
Go to solution Solved by seban,
5 minutes ago, deathfrankcore said:

currently i have a rx 580 Nitro + 8GB, a ryzen 5 3600 , 2 stick of 8 Gb 3200 Mhz ram, 8 fans, an hdd, one ssd and a nvme m.2 ssd all powered by a 550W. Should I upgrade the psu too or is gonna be ok?

Yes, your system should be demanding about 472.5w from the PSU with the GPU and CPU together + other stuff like the fans, drives/disks, RAM, etc.. should add up to about 515w.

What model is your PSU?

currently i have a rx 580 Nitro + 8GB, a ryzen 5 3600 , 2 stick of 8 Gb 3200 Mhz ram, 8 fans, an hdd, one ssd and a nvme m.2 ssd all powered by a 550W. Should I upgrade the psu too or is gonna be ok?

5 minutes ago, deathfrankcore said:

Yes, your system should be demanding about 472.5w from the PSU with the GPU and CPU together + other stuff like the fans, drives/disks, RAM, etc.. should add up to about 515w.

What model is your PSU?

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

5 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

What model is your PSU?

Corsair VS550 80+ , This one on amazon

Just now, deathfrankcore said:

Okay, you're fine then. Just make sure you don't overclock. And if you do want to overclock then i'd consider going for a 650W or 700W reliable PSU. 

1 minute ago, deathfrankcore said:

wattage amount is suitable, but the quality leaves much to be desired. It will be functional, but a replacement PSU in the near future would be recommended.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

wattage amount is suitable, but the quality leaves much to be desired. It will be functional, but a replacement PSU in the near future would be recommended.

3 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Okay, you're fine then. Just make sure you don't overclock. And if you do want to overclock then i'd consider going for a 650W or 700W reliable PSU. 

so i can just buy now a 650w 80+ gold like this (Corsair TX650M 80+ gold)

Yes that would be perfect.

look at psu tier list for reference, since its highly accurate 

4 minutes ago, deathfrankcore said:

it's a good option. The cheaper, lower wattage version would be also a fine option

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/dDH48d/corsair-txm-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020133-na

The 2080 Super consumes about 250 watts, the CPU consumes less than 100, so that would leave you with over 200 watts of headroom for everything else. A motherboard will typically be around 40, and everything else is single digits in watts.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it's a good option. The cheaper, lower wattage version would be also a fine option

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/dDH48d/corsair-txm-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020133-na

The 2080 Super consumes about 250 watts, the CPU consumes less than 100, so that would leave you with over 200 watts of headroom for everything else. A motherboard will typically be around 40, and everything else is single digits in watts.

i bought the 650w since is just 10€ more and in a long future i can upgrade my cpu 🙂 thank you very much

2 minutes ago, deathfrankcore said:

i bought the 650w since is just 10€ more and in a long future i can upgrade my cpu 🙂 thank you very much

No problem, good luck.

56 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

No problem, good luck.

Hoping that the 2080S is good because for 490 € is strange 

Hoping that the 2080S is good because for 490 € is strange 

Meh, its a decent price.

15 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Meh, its a decent price.

and it's rather strange... 

1058437051_Screenshot_20210131-210326_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.a9a2dab07fb0d5f32dba87db52655e3f.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-GeForce-Super-Founders-Graphics/dp/B07W3P4PC2

is it a used card, op? then maybe yeah... I wish you good luck it's in good working condition for sure, not everyone is a scalper, thankfully! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

nope, it's rather strange... 

1058437051_Screenshot_20210131-210326_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.a9a2dab07fb0d5f32dba87db52655e3f.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-GeForce-Super-Founders-Graphics/dp/B07W3P4PC2

is it a used card, op? then maybe yeah... I wish you good luck it's in good working condition for sure, not everyone is a scslper, thankfully! 

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07GR2NPM1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8MN4GFH9CTP1DRKMKDW6 it was used but listed as Like new

4 hours ago, deathfrankcore said:

Uhh so I received this email saying that they can't complete the order because they did not receive the payment so they are canceling the order (bank and Amazon says that payment is good) but I will be able to buy it again tomorrow with free shipping for being sorry (even if shipping was already free) . Probably is just a scam and I think they will ask me for more money (but I won't give them a cent more)

Screenshot_20210201-012018_Outlook~2.jpg