Why are DayZ SA servers so unpopulated?

SpaceSquid

I know that over 1 million people have bought the game but how come the max playercount for a server I have seen is just 20? Are there servers I don't know about or is it supposed to be like this.?

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

less people on server=higher fps

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

well the game sucked

maybe that why not many people are playing it

maybe its just me

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I know that over 1 million people have bought the game but how come the max playercount for a server I have seen is just 20? Are there servers I don't know about or is it supposed to be like this.?

Some servers are like that. Some are more populated. I know people don't want to play the game till it's optimized and till vehicles are added. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

It seems like most people bought it and don't play it because it's so unfinished and lacking content.

It's pre-alpha...

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

It's a step above the mod and they moved themselves that way but it could be either A) people are pre-purchasing or B) people have already played enough of the SA to get bored.

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

In between playing the mod & buying the SA I upgraded my rig to SLI 770s & a 144hz gsync monitor which completely ruined my eyes. Tried to play SA, hit 20fps in Cherno, eyes started bleeding & that was that. 

I want so bad for DayZ to be a good game but it's got a lonnnnng long way to go. 

CPU - 3770k @ 4.7GHz | Motherboard - Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB @ 1600 | GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX (2x SLI) | Case - Coolermaster HAF XM | Cooling - CM EVO 212 | Storage - Corsair Force 3 90GB | WD 2TB x 2 | PSU - Thermaltake SMART 850W | Display - Asus VG248QE 144hz + GSYNC kit |  Mouse - R.A.T. 7 | Sound - Creative Titanium X-FI HD | DT990 | ATH-M50 | ATH-AD700

I see full 40/40 servers all the time. I actually aim for servers that are 30+ people to increase the risk of running into someone.

A lot of people have bought the game while it's still cheap, to play it later. As of right now I feel that it could go either way - only time will tell!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

the game kinda sucks at the moment, for me at least, there's just nothing in it

I wont touch it until vehicles or at least bycicles are added, i could be waiting 6+ months for that because minute details are far more important apparently

me and my friends will stick to overwatch for the time being

Looking for a job

Yeh people arent playing it because without vehicles its rather frustrating to play. I want to play it but dont want to spend 30 mins running to meet up with someone Or dying and not being able to store anything in a car to resupply.

It'll be great when they add vehicles the mechanics are a huge improvement over the mod. Until then its just too much of a timesink.

The game is currently not as fun as the mod regardless of the current state it is in, give it some time for new features to be added to the game such as vehicles, snipers and all the goodies. 

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S