USB devices keeps disconnecting randomly, have to reboot PC to get them running again

Go to solution Solved by mkN1G,

Hello again guys, I am happy to inform you that the problem has been solved and you will never guess what it was!!

I was about to go to the store with my friend to buy a new PSU, but before that I wanted to show my friend how the problem occured. Nothing happened to the K70 when I plugged it in the PC, tried my laptop and I got the same error message that there isn't enough power for the USB ports. And by accident I found out that it was a faulty cable in the keyboard, it was kinda loose. That's what made the other USB devices disconnect, the K70 must've short-circuit the other devices.

I am typing on my new K70 MK.2 atm and I am quite happy that I didn't waste money on a new PSU!!

Hey guys,

This friday I went to a lan with 3 of my friends. When I got there I had some issues with my PC where it wouldn't turn on if I had too many USBs connected to it. I tried a bunch of things and what ended up solving was pulling all the cables out from inside the PC and plugging them back in again and it worked fine for the rest of the evening/night.

Yesterday afternoon when I connected everything back home again I played some WoW for about 2 hours and then all of a sudden my keyboard, headset and mouse just disconnected and would not turn back on unless I rebooted the PC. This just kept happening all the time. I tried unplugging everything inside the PC and plugged it back in but no luck. I unplugged my keyboard and plugged in a old "Saitek Eclipse" keyboard in which I assume draws less power than my Corsair K70 RGB. I don't have the problem atm with the saitek, but I am not sure if it could be my PSU that's starting to give up or is it my K70 that does somethign? The PSU is about 7 years old and it's a "EVGA 750w G2 GOLD". Windows gave me a quick error message about something that there is not enough power for the USBs.

I am trying my best to not make this to a wall of text guys so I may be missing some info. The stuff I have connected to my PC is x1 USB for my Steelseries Arctis Pro, x2 USB for Corsair K70 RGB, x1 USB for Steelseries Rival 310.

MSI 1080ti

Intel i7-8700k

EVGA 750w G2 GOLD

Z390 Aorus Master

Corsair 32GB RAM

An hour ago when I was going to turn my PC on for today it wouldn't even start with my K70 in. I have a power button at the back from the motherboard which lights up, as soon as I put the K70 in, the light just went out.

Hello again guys, I am happy to inform you that the problem has been solved and you will never guess what it was!!

I was about to go to the store with my friend to buy a new PSU, but before that I wanted to show my friend how the problem occured. Nothing happened to the K70 when I plugged it in the PC, tried my laptop and I got the same error message that there isn't enough power for the USB ports. And by accident I found out that it was a faulty cable in the keyboard, it was kinda loose. That's what made the other USB devices disconnect, the K70 must've short-circuit the other devices.

I am typing on my new K70 MK.2 atm and I am quite happy that I didn't waste money on a new PSU!!