Optimal Case/Tower for New Build [RTX 3060 Ti, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X]

Go to solution Solved by Analog,
3 minutes ago, Magnus D. Thunder said:

Agreed that Good is subjective, wrong wording. I am mostly concerned with Airflow and ensuring the temperature of the GPU / CPU are kept below a comfortable 80 degrees celsius (personal preference as I'm a worrier with temperature etc. I suppose it would be best to ask what you would personally use if you were creating a build for this? Would you also go with the TD500 Mesh? 

Thanks for the response btw.

I personally do like Cooler Master products, but the TD 500 Mesh is not really up to my liking design-wise. So I might not get that case personally purely on aesthetics, not that it doesn't perform good, it does have quite decent airflow as I said before. What I would personally go for in this price range would be the Corsair D4000 Airflow in black, I just find that case visually more appealing. However, like I said, if you like the design of the TD 500 Mesh, it is a good performer so you should stick with it.  

Budget (including currency): Less than £80 ($90-95)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games e.g. Cyberpunk 2077, Escape From Tarkov, Path of Exile, Microsoft Flight Simulator

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Upgrading my current rig (Essentially overhauling and replacing the entire build) and looking to replace the case to fit the new hardware. The planned build will include:

GPU: Nvidia 3060 Ti

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

SSD x2 2.5" Samsung Internal SSD's (Will look to get more in the future)

MB: TBD Based on Case

PSU: TBD Based on Case

General Cooling: Fans / Water is TBD Based on Case

Im looking for case that others would recommend for the above "to be-build" as I'm mostly concerned with efficient cooling and space. The case will have to be either mid to full ATX and I intend to get a full ATX MB. I was looking into the Cooler Master TD500 MESH however have heard poor reviews from the community about CM in general and would just love to know what peoples opinions / experiences are with their cases.

Any wisdom imparted would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

M

10 minutes ago, Magnus D. Thunder said:

Im looking for case that others would recommend for the above "to be-build" as I'm mostly concerned with efficient cooling and space. The case will have to be either mid to full ATX and I intend to get a full ATX MB. I was looking into the Cooler Master TD500 MESH however have heard poor reviews from the community about CM in general and would just love to know what peoples opinions / experiences are with their cases.

"Good" is subjective as it can mean a lot of different things. Are you looking for "good" airflow, "good" customer support, "good" build quality, etc. Anyway, generally speaking like any manufacturer Cooler Master has good cases and they have not so "good" ones, which depends amongst other things on price. Therefore, one should evaluate every product based on its own merits. The Cooler Master TD500 MESH is a fine case in its price segment. Has nice airflow due to its mesh design and looks quite pleasant too, at least imo.

Check out this video if you haven't already:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

8 minutes ago, Analog said:

"Good" is subjective as it can mean a lot of different things. Are you looking for "good" airflow, "good" customer support, "good" build quality, etc. Anyway, generally speaking like any manufacturer Cooler Master has good cases and they have not so "good" ones, which depends amongst other things on price. Therefore, one should evaluate every product based on its own merits. The Cooler Master TD500 MESH is a fine case in its price segment. Has nice airflow due to its mesh design and looks quite pleasant too, at least imo.

Check out this video if you haven't already:

Agreed that Good is subjective, wrong wording. I am mostly concerned with Airflow and ensuring the temperature of the GPU / CPU are kept below a comfortable 80 degrees celsius (personal preference as I'm a worrier with temperature etc. I suppose it would be best to ask what you would personally use if you were creating a build for this? Would you also go with the TD500 Mesh? 

3 minutes ago, Magnus D. Thunder said:

I personally do like Cooler Master products, but the TD 500 Mesh is not really up to my liking design-wise. So I might not get that case personally purely on aesthetics, not that it doesn't perform good, it does have quite decent airflow as I said before. What I would personally go for in this price range would be the Corsair D4000 Airflow in black, I just find that case visually more appealing. However, like I said, if you like the design of the TD 500 Mesh, it is a good performer so you should stick with it.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

7 minutes ago, Analog said:

Just checked this out and I must admit the front panel is much more appealing. And it's cheaper than the CM alternative, I believe you may have just solved my issue already. 

1 hour ago, Magnus D. Thunder said:

Just checked this out and I must admit the front panel is much more appealing. And it's cheaper than the CM alternative, I believe you may have just solved my issue already. 

I am happy that I was able to help you out.