Superflower Leadex V Pro Gold Power Supply

Super

There is a relatively new power supply by Superflower released mid-2020 on the leadex platform called the Leadex Gold V (Pro). This seems very promising since it is 130mm in length making it the smallest 1000w atx power supply in the market. Considering Superflower has a great track record with their Leadex 3 Gold platform, I’m wondering if anyone could chime in with thoughts and opinions? @jonnyGURU @LukeSavenije@LienusLateTips

There isn’t any reviews out right now, but based on the specifications on Superflower webpage this seems like a pretty good unit to drive Ampere (with the high transient spikes). The only thing I can find is a YouTube video of igorslab testing the 650W non pro version of the Leadex V Gold with a 3080 and it passing the “Tomb Raider” game test peaking around 480W power consumption. 

https://www.igorslab.de/en/5-mark-power-supplies-against-an-rtx-3080-and-an-intel-cpu-under-harsh-conditions-can-do-this-well/

Currently this PSU (Pro version) is selling for $200 on Newegg making it a pretty decent price in market we are in right now... the RMX 1000 is closer to $300 at retailers in stock and out of stock for the $200 price retailers in the US.

Edit: Newegg also has a sort of product showcase video of this psu, opening it up and showing the inside start: 13:12

IMO this PSU looks solid and i dont think theres anything to overthink about. I think i've heard something from Superflower being good too. But wait for other replies to confirm, i'm not speaking fully out of experience on this PSU. 

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

You can also check this post out if you want to see more opinions on this brand/company.

45 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

You can also check this post out if you want to see more opinions on this brand/company.

You shouldn't buy by brand. If they wanted to, SF can make a worse/bad product too. Same with SeaSonic (M12II/S12II), Corsair (VS), EVGA (literally anything below the B5), etc

56 minutes ago, Super said:

There is a relatively new power supply by Superflower released mid-2020 on the leadex platform called the Leadex Gold V (Pro). This seems very promising since it is 130mm in length making it the smallest 1000w atx power supply in the market. Considering Superflower has a great track record with their Leadex 3 Gold platform, I’m wondering if anyone could chime in with thoughts and opinions? @jonnyGURU @LukeSavenije@LienusLateTips

There isn’t any reviews out right now, but based on the specifications on Superflower webpage this seems like a pretty good unit to drive Ampere (with the high transient spikes). The only thing I can find is a YouTube video of igorslab testing the 650W non pro version of the Leadex V Gold with a 3080 and it passing the “Tomb Raider” game test peaking around 480W power consumption. 

https://www.igorslab.de/en/5-mark-power-supplies-against-an-rtx-3080-and-an-intel-cpu-under-harsh-conditions-can-do-this-well/

Currently this PSU (Pro version) is selling for $200 on Newegg making it a pretty decent price in market we are in right now... the RMX 1000 is closer to $300 at retailers in stock and out of stock for the $200 price retailers in the US.

Edit: Newegg also has a sort of product showcase video of this psu, opening it up and showing the inside start: 13:12

I mean, we don't know that much about it yet. Considering their track record with the Leadex (number) series, it's probably fine, but if it's the same price and you have the space you might as well get something well reviewed like the RMx.

Unless something has gone terribly wrong at Super Flower, it's probably a good unit.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

44 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

You shouldn't buy by brand. If they wanted to, SF can make a worse/bad product too. Same with SeaSonic (M12II/S12II), Corsair (VS), EVGA (literally anything below the B5), etc

I mean, we don't know that much about it yet. Considering their track record with the Leadex (number) series, it's probably fine, but if it's the same price and you have the space you might as well get something well reviewed like the RMx.

Unless something has gone terribly wrong at Super Flower, it's probably a good unit.

Ahh I really do want to get the RMX haha, but unfortunately the RMX 1000 isn't in stock for the $204.99 retail it sells (a.k.a Bestbuy) and is closer to $300 on Newegg and Amazon. 😞

I did just order a Seasonic Focus GX-1000 for $170 but plan on returning it considering the whole fiasco involving Seasonic Focus lineup suffering from tripping OCP due to transient spikes, and not being on par to ATX 2.52 spec. Apparently, the GX lineup didn't really fix this issue as commonly known, being that it is based off the same platform as the previous Focus Plus (don't take my word on this, I just read somethings up regarding this online). 

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?17974-SeaSonic-shutdown-issue-hot-in-Korea

According to this post, in South Korea, distributors selling the FX, PX, and even the newer GX lineup are having issues with shutdown and OCP on Ampere GPUs.

Decisions... Decisions.. 

30 minutes ago, Super said:

Ahh I really do want to get the RMX haha, but unfortunately the RMX 1000 isn't in stock for the $204.99 retail it sells (a.k.a Bestbuy) and is closer to $300 on Newegg and Amazon. 😞

I did just order a Seasonic Focus GX-1000 for $170 but plan on returning it considering the whole fiasco involving Seasonic Focus lineup suffering from tripping OCP due to transient spikes, and not being on par to ATX 2.52 spec. Apparently, the GX lineup didn't really fix this issue as commonly known, being that it is based off the same platform as the previous Focus Plus (don't take my word on this, I just read somethings up regarding this online). 

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?17974-SeaSonic-shutdown-issue-hot-in-Korea

According to this post, in South Korea, distributors selling the FX, PX, and even the newer GX lineup are having issues with shutdown and OCP on Ampere GPUs.

Decisions... Decisions.. 

The GX line *mostly* fixed the issues but there were still a couple bad batches IIRC.

It should work perfectly fine. 

https://www.newegg.com/p/1HU-0095-000H2?Item=1HU-0095-000H2&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker&AFFID=2558510&AFFNAME=PCPartPicker&ACRID=1&ASID=https%3a%2f%2fpcpartpicker.com%2f&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2558510&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-0FUFW.UZZzxVzEHQUsVfKA

This unit is a good unit at a good price. Shouldn't have any issues, even OCed 3080/R9 5900X.

You probably don't need 1kW though, what are you running?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

18 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

The GX line *mostly* fixed the issues but there were still a couple bad batches IIRC.

It should work perfectly fine. 

https://www.newegg.com/p/1HU-0095-000H2?Item=1HU-0095-000H2&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker&AFFID=2558510&AFFNAME=PCPartPicker&ACRID=1&ASID=https%3a%2f%2fpcpartpicker.com%2f&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2558510&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-0FUFW.UZZzxVzEHQUsVfKA

This unit is a good unit at a good price. Shouldn't have any issues, even OCed 3080/R9 5900X.

You probably don't need 1kW though, what are you running?

I will be running a R9 3950X (probably will upgrade to 5900x/5950x), Gigabyte RTX 3080 AORUS XTREME (currently running a 2080 Ti), and 128GB RAM all will be OCed. I currently have a EVGA 750W G3, and after reading about the transient spikes and high consumption of Amepere GPUs (especially with the 3 pin on some aib 3080) think it may be a good idea to upgrade the PSU. 

I did think about buying a 850W Superflower Leadex 3 or RMX850 since those are in stock, but then since upgrading from a 750W, might as well get a 1000W to make it worthwhile/substantial. 

The FSP unit you sent, is that a revision of the 2019 one that was reviewed by Tweaktown and kitguru? I notice HG2-1000 as the product number, but also no reviews on Newegg. That unit was totally under my radar haha. 

7 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

Yes, i was talking about reliability and overall general opinions from others. I'll be more specific next time, sorry.