2021 - AMD 1080TI Equivalent

Sebarobbie
Go to solution Solved by papajo,
6 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

it will most likely be a tad worse in just about everything compared to the 1080ti, and in current time costs like 600-800. 

Well a 6800 is going to cost more and is going to be better than a 1080 ti (since a 1080ti trades blows with a 2070 super and a 6800  trades blows with a 3070 which on it self trades blows with a 2080) the 5700xt used to be worse than the 2070 super but with recent drivers it seems to trade blows with it (winning at some games loosing at some games both instances by just a few FPS)  and hence it will trade blows with the 1080 ti. 

So as far as equivalency goes the 5700 xt would be the closest option both in terms of performance and in terms of bang for buck (yes nowadays they are ridiculously expensive but so are the nvidia counterparts ) 

Hello , so i currently own a GTX1080TI ROG STRIX version which i had bought not a long time ago. I heavily game on it but i came across something called Opencore which is basically an alternative for Clover (used for making dualboot hackintosh) . It was a pain in the ass installing Mac Os Catalina and when i came to the realization that Nvidia dropped out support for their drivers in High Sierrra i went insane. I've been stuck with High Sierra since then . I would really like to upgrade my Mac Os version without losing any Hardware Acceleration. Until now the only solution is going with AMD on the GPU side of things. I would really like to know which is currently the equivalent performer of a 1080TI on the AMD side (ignoring the VEGA 64). 

a 6800 would be a good equivalent, but good luck finding one. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

a 6800 would be a good equivalent, but good luck finding one. 

The 6800 is a beast card but i did a little research and saw that the RX 5700 XT is even a bit better that the 1080TI and it also gives me that sweet drivers that i need.

Just now, Sebarobbie said:

The 6800 is a beast card but i did a little research and saw that the RX 5700 XT is even a bit better that the 1080TI and it also gives me that sweet drivers that i need.

it will most likely be a tad worse in just about everything compared to the 1080ti, and in current time costs like 600-800. 

AMD blackout rig

3 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

From what i've seen it performs a bit better than it and i just looked at the facebook marketplace in my country and found it for 500 bucks brand new.

Just now, Sebarobbie said:

From what i've seen it performs a bit better than it and i just looked at the facebook marketplace in my country and found it for 500 bucks brand new.

I'd be interested to know who said that, the 1080ti is almost in every way superior to the 5700xt. 

$500 is a tad spendy, but better than just about any other deal you're going to get.

AMD blackout rig

1080ti is like a beefy 2070 super, which should be ahead of a 5700xt. I've got a brand new never opened 5700xt just sitting here, been meaning to list it, thanks

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

5 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I'd be interested to know who said that, the 1080ti is almost in every way superior to the 5700xt. 

$500 is a tad spendy, but better than just about any other deal you're going to get.

From a spec pov its obvious that the 1080TI is better  but from the benchmarks that i saw the 5700 XT outperforms the 1080TI by a couple more of FPS. Knowing that i will get more FPS and the ability to use Hardware Acceleration on MacOs satisfies my needs. Im still worried since you guys are telling me that its not as good.

5 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

1080ti is like a beefy 2070 super, which should be ahead of a 5700xt. I've got a brand new never opened 5700xt just sitting here, been meaning to list it, thanks

Why?

6 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Well a 6800 is going to cost more and is going to be better than a 1080 ti (since a 1080ti trades blows with a 2070 super and a 6800  trades blows with a 3070 which on it self trades blows with a 2080) the 5700xt used to be worse than the 2070 super but with recent drivers it seems to trade blows with it (winning at some games loosing at some games both instances by just a few FPS)  and hence it will trade blows with the 1080 ti. 

So as far as equivalency goes the 5700 xt would be the closest option both in terms of performance and in terms of bang for buck (yes nowadays they are ridiculously expensive but so are the nvidia counterparts )