Looking for a $700 to $800 gaming and streaming tower.

Budget (including currency): $700-$800

Country: United States of America (Chicago area if that helps)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: cs:go, Valorant, Krunker.io, obs, various adobe programs for video/photo editing and blender. 

Other details: I use 1080p 60hz so i'll stick with that, would prefer lower $700s to save for peripherals but if there is a night and day difference for $800 i'll go with that and at this point anything is better for moving from a Chromebook.

When do you need this computer?

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

1 minute ago, Omar.B said:

he said 

I don't see where, although I may just be blind.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

1 minute ago, Random_Person1234 said:

I don't see where, although I may just be blind.

I wasn't focused  when I read it! sry.

7 minutes ago, Some guy lost over the sun said:

Budget (including currency): $700-$800

Country: United States of America (Chicago area if that helps)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: cs:go, Valorant, Krunker.io, obs, various adobe programs for video/photo editing and blender. 

Other details: I use 1080p 60hz so i'll stick with that, would prefer lower $700s to save for peripherals but if there is a night and day difference for $800 i'll go with that and at this point anything is better for moving from a Chromebook.

hmm, coming right up

Welcome to the forums!!!

So you need peripherals and a tower to go in that budget. You already have a monitor and the tower/peripherals will be the $700-800 budget? Just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly for a proper setup. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

This is what I have for ~$900, but that includes the price of the OS and also have to consider the fact that its a bad time to build any PC right now due to supply shortages and high demands, like on the graphics card I put a temporary value. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Honestly, for this type of price range, used is probably the way to go. Scour craigslist to see if someone is selling their used gaming rig for around 500-600$. You'd be surprised what you can find, especially if you go for a generation or two older. If you want some place to start, try to see if you can find a guy selling an X99 based system or a Ryzen based system. X99 is all over the place in price, some people want $400 for their system, others want $4000 for their system. Ryzen systems will probably cost somewhere around 600-800$, but will have a good upgrade path to Ryzen 5000 in a year or so if you save up a bit of money.

13 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

This is what I have for ~$900, but that includes the price of the OS and also have to consider the fact that its a bad time to build any PC right now due to supply shortages and high demands, like on the graphics card I put a temporary value. 

If your getting a tomahawk you may aswell just get a b550 board tbh. Also 1070s can be found used for around the same price you listed for the 1660ti

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

13 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

(responding to your first post) I have a copycat model M, logitech M325 and some generic viewsonic tv. All which I'll definitely upgrade later. (now this post) I do think this would work but would a 1080 ti work just as good as the 1660 ti for maybe less?

14 hours ago, Random_Person1234 said:

When do you need this computer?

anytime within this year, if that means that it's going to be the best deals by lets say march then I can wait that long.

1 hour ago, Some guy lost over the sun said:

(responding to your first post) I have a copycat model M, logitech M325 and some generic viewsonic tv. All which I'll definitely upgrade later. (now this post) I do think this would work but would a 1080 ti work just as good as the 1660 ti for maybe less?

Oh sure definitely go with a 1080 Ti over the 1660. I just placed that there as a placeholder as the GPU market is screwed up. 1080 Ti is better with the 3600 and will be a great set up. 

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

Oh sure definitely go with a 1080 Ti over the 1660. I just placed that there as a placeholder as the GPU market is screwed up. 1080 Ti is better with the 3600 and will be a great set up. 

cool thanks i'll look into it