Only 2 cores being fully utilised.

GreenEagle1122

I have a i5 9600k with 16GB 3000MHZ ram and a rtx 3070 with a 750W psu for context. Whenever i do anything mildly cpu intensive, the frame rates drop to below 5 or even 0. Task manager says cpu is around 60%. Resource monitor says core 0 and 1 are both pinned at 100% while other 4 cores at around 40%. I know its not the GPU bottlenecking it as  had the same issue with my rtx 2060 before i upgraded. I have reinstalled windows without losing my personal files but i say no change.

Not every game is built to be multithreaded and utilize all cores. It's common for some games to be all one thread, or one main thread + one render thread. New fancy games on modern engines with Job Systems can go wide across cores better. DOOM Eternal as an example, is entirely "job-ified" and apparently has no dedicated main thread for the game loop, so it might be a good game to see how well your CPU performs with parallelization.

This happens in every game from cod to beatsaber to pavlov. Only started a month or 2 ago

15 hours ago, jaslion said:

What game?

On 1/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, Broxxar said:

Not every game is built to be multithreaded and utilize all cores. It's common for some games to be all one thread, or one main thread + one render thread. New fancy games on modern engines with Job Systems can go wide across cores better. DOOM Eternal as an example, is entirely "job-ified" and apparently has no dedicated main thread for the game loop, so it might be a good game to see how well your CPU performs with parallelization.

it used to be fine but now all games fps are dropping and before, this never happened.

• 2 weeks later...

fully reset windows with all files deleted, most games now work but beatsaber still doesn't