HELP, my gpu temps have got to high all of a sudden PLEASEEEEEE

haprackt

ok so recently ive been messing areound with my gpu settings like an idiot, i rock a gtx 1060 3gb, old but does the job. Now being stupid i was watching videos on youtube on how to boost the gpu make it faster etc etc, and i watched this one video where this guy, cant remeber the name of the vid or the youtuber and i wasnt logged in so i dont have a history to find it, where he enabled a setting in services or god knows what in order to enable the cpu to go faster. Now i checked the comments and its was 50 50 with the comments, some were saying "yes amazing dude thanks sooooo much" and the ohter half saying things like "hahahahaha bad vid rip gpu temps", i enabled the setting and didnt even really test it i had to go out so i shut my pc off. next day i was playing games and noticed my fan speeds really high as i have them on automatic i checked my temps and they were at 100 degrees celsius while playing fortnite and i never had that high temps when playiung fornite on high settings and getting 70fps, now ther game wass skipping frames freezing and stuttering and sometimes staying at like 40 fps. i belive it has something to do with that setting and i would like some pointers as to what it could maybe be, as of now i got two big fans blowing full speed into my pc to stop it from flipping blowiung up haha, hope for some pointers,

haprackt :)

Have you ever cleaned the card from dust? Did you use an overclocking tool? You don't need to be logged in for history on your browser. Just go to browser history and it should be there.

51 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You don't need to be logged in for history on your browser. Just go to browser history and it should be there.

OMG WHAT!!!!!! I GOTTA ACT FAST!!!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 hour ago, NineEyeRon said:

OMG WHAT!!!!!! I GOTTA ACT FAST!!!

And then you have me who has 11 years of untouched internet history 😛.

4 hours ago, jaslion said:

Have you ever cleaned the card from dust? Did you use an overclocking tool? You don't need to be logged in for history on your browser. Just go to browser history and it should be there.

i have cleaned the fans before but i didnt know the graphics card needed cleaning, how do i do that? also i looked through my history and cant find the video.