i have a 3060 ti and wanna watercool it (ive never customed watercooled?

Sharkdad

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Depending on exactly what card you have, you might be able to get an ekwb waterblock for a 3070 with the same pcb. Otherwise, I'm not sure if any 3060 ti blocks are out yet.

Why? It will cost hundreds. You'd be much better off returning the card and using said hundreds to get something like a 3070 or 3080 for way better performance.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

You are going to spend more money on water cooling the card than you did on the card itself, there's a reason companies like EKWB only sell water blocks for the xx70 series and higher. 

i have the founders edition, and its for temps and because i have the coolermaster MB320L and the space from the top of the psu shroud and the bottom of the fan is so tight

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

You are going to spend more money on water cooling the card than you did on the card itself, there's a reason companies like EKWB only sell water blocks for the xx70 series and higher. 

should i find a better case cause i have a small desk but i want the pc on my desk you know

Which 3060Ti? Founder's Edition? Which model specifically? How much are you looking to spend? What is your case? What country? What specifically is your reason for watercooling?

I would check out EK's watercooling configurator. Can help give you an idea of what you need!

https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/

An important thing is making sure the water block can fit the PCB for your 3060Ti, because the PCB designs can vary from board to board. This means you could have two 3060Ti water blocks, but may not always fit your card because of the previously mentioned issue of PCB design variation. Others will probably be more helpful, as I have never actually built one myself, but could plan one out for days lol.

Basic Checklist (Anyone else please correct if I am wrong or missing something):

GPU Waterblock (ensuring it is compatible with your case and other components from a space perspective)

Radiator (Ensuring you have a space large enough in your case for it)

Tubing that matches the size (ID and OD, or Inner and outer diameter) of the water block

Pump that has inlets also matches size of tubing and radiator, and is also not too powerful or under powered (not quite sure how to determine that)

Fittings of your choice (Compression Fittings are usually a go-to from what I have heard, make sure sizing matches that of tube)

Hope this is helpful! Check out the EK Configurator and answer the questions above first, and I think others will be able to help you a lot more!

EDIT:

Oh yeah, just get a better GPU lol it will be much more of a performance boost for the price

Edited by ZonicAir1
Realization of Stupidity

1 minute ago, Sharkdad said:

i have the founders edition, and its for temps and because i have the coolermaster MB320L and the space from the top of the psu shroud and the bottom of the fan is so tight

With that case shouldn't you have about 2 pcie slots worth of air gap?

i should but my mobo has it one below so i only have the bottom slot open

1 minute ago, Sharkdad said:

i should but my mobo has it one below so i only have the bottom slot open

Ah, the cheapest solution would just be a case with some more gap on the bottom.

If you want to still do water cooling, EKWB's 3070 FE waterblock works for the pcb that the 3060 ti FE has.

Alternatively, you could do some ghetto diy watercooling, idk if I can recommend that, but if you do, highly recommend doing a build log.

6 minutes ago, Sharkdad said:

5 minutes ago, Sharkdad said:

should i find a better case cause i have a small desk but i want the pc on my desk you know

If your card is getting choked for air, getting a different case with either more space between the PCIe slots and the PSU or a different configuration altogether would help. What temps are you currently seeing when the card is under load?

5 minutes ago, The_russian said:

If your card is getting choked for air, getting a different case with either more space between the PCIe slots and the PSU or a different configuration altogether would help. What temps are you currently seeing when the card is under load?

75C max so far, with a mediumish oc it peaked at around 77C. i just know my pc gets dirty fast and i regularly clean it and ive noticed from the day i got it it peaked at 73C now its 75

14 minutes ago, ZonicAir1 said:

Which 3060Ti? Founder's Edition? Which model specifically? How much are you looking to spend? What is your case? What country? What specifically is your reason for watercooling?

I would check out EK's watercooling configurator. Can help give you an idea of what you need!

https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/

An important thing is making sure the water block can fit the PCB for your 3060Ti, because the PCB designs can vary from board to board. This means you could have two 3060Ti water blocks, but may not always fit your card because of the previously mentioned issue of PCB design variation. Others will probably be more helpful, as I have never actually built one myself, but could plan one out for days lol.

Basic Checklist (Anyone else please correct if I am wrong or missing something):

GPU Waterblock (ensuring it is compatible with your case and other components from a space perspective)

Radiator (Ensuring you have a space large enough in your case for it)

Tubing that matches the size (ID and OD, or Inner and outer diameter) of the water block

Pump that has inlets also matches size of tubing and radiator, and is also not too powerful or under powered (not quite sure how to determine that)

Fittings of your choice (Compression Fittings are usually a go-to from what I have heard, make sure sizing matches that of tube)

Hope this is helpful! Check out the EK Configurator and answer the questions above first, and I think others will be able to help you a lot more!

EDIT:

Oh yeah, just get a better GPU lol it will be much more of a performance boost for the price

thank you ill definitely check it out, i love the 3060 ti i only really game at 1440p at 144 hz and i get crazy frames. Warzone at 120-140 ultra raytracing on, 

2 minutes ago, Sharkdad said:

75C max so far, with a mediumish oc it peaked at around 77C. i just know my pc gets dirty fast and i regularly clean it and ive noticed from the day i got it it peaked at 73C now its 75

Those temps are fine, my card sits at 75-80C under load. As long as the temps stay under 85C I would not worry about it, and would certainly not try to water cool it. 

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

Those temps are fine, my card sits at 75-80C under load. As long as the temps stay under 85C I would not worry about it, and would certainly not try to water cool it. 

alright thanks