R5 1500x overclocking success on stock cooler?

I still have my trusty ol 1500x which I managed to get stable at 3.85ghz @1.35v on a stock wraith spire.

The only thing is that it just can't seem to hold steady at 3.9ghz at 1.4v?

Has anyone else experienced any better luck? 

11 minutes ago, Yasthir said:

I still have my trusty ol 1500x which I managed to get stable at 3.85ghz @1.35v on a stock wraith spire.

The only thing is that it just can't seem to hold steady at 3.9ghz at 1.4v?

Has anyone else experienced any better luck? 

Jeez,turn down the voltage unless you're overclocking for fun

1.4 is a lot of volts for a modern processor, I'm not the least bit surprised that the CPU isn't stable with the stock cooler.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

42 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

What are your temps?

You could try to change the Load Line Level.

Idle 40 degrees and in load 61 degrees using aida64.

I've tried 3.9ghz @1.35v and @1.38v still no luck. I am going to buy a EK AIO or Arctic II AIO soon but no stock lol. Was gonna upgrade to a 3700x as my b350m-a doesn't support AMD 5000 series yet (probably never will). Anyways algs was just giving a shot before I upgrade later on haha.

Temps don't sound too bad, probably just the limit of your CPU+MoBo Combo.

B350 will never support Zen 3, just go for a 3000 Series before you waste your money on an AIO, will give you much more benefit.

Just now, Plermpel said:

Temps don't sound too bad, probably just the limit of your CPU+MoBo Combo.

B350 will never support Zen 3, just go for a 3000 Series before you waste your money on an AIO, will give you much more benefit.

Yea haha, was gonna buy an aio and a 3700x at the same time xD. Thanks for the advice though! 😄 

First gen 1.4 isn't that much if it is indeed 1.4v.

1.45 has been the general "safe" levels for first gen. (Debatable, of course. I won't go above 1.4v).

That said, people like Gamersnexus have shown that what you think is 1.4v might not really be 1.4v, and could be much higher. See his video "how to kill your cpu with safe voltages."

I've got my 1600 AE at 3.9ghz at 1.38v. Nothing I do work get it to be 100% stable at 4ghz, so that's just the limit of my sample. 

My understanding is most first gen chips tend to max out at around 3.9-4ghz, and memory around 2933mhz.

You can get 4ghz+, and faster memory settings, but stability isn't that good.

I'd consider 3.85ghz perfectly good result on the 1500x, which has worse silicon than the higher end chips of that generation and even they can't always hit 4ghz.

Upgrading to a third gen will be very worthwhile, as there's around a 30% bump to ipc in addition to more frequency. Grab a higher core count model and you'll be good.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

4 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

First gen 1.4 isn't that much if it is indeed 1.4v.

1.45 has been the general "safe" levels for first gen. (Debatable, of course. I won't go above 1.4v).

That said, people like Gamersnexus have shown that what you think is 1.4v might not really be 1.4v, and could be much higher. See his video "how to kill your cpu with safe voltages."

I've got my 1600 AE at 3.9ghz at 1.38v. Nothing I do work get it to be 100% stable at 4ghz, so that's just the limit of my sample. 

My understanding is most first gen chips tend to max out at around 3.9-4ghz, and memory around 2933mhz.

You can get 4ghz+, and faster memory settings, but stability isn't that good.

I'd consider 3.85ghz perfectly good result on the 1500x, which has worse silicon than the higher end chips of that generation and even they can't always hit 4ghz.

Ahh ic thank you for your input! Great advice 🙂

I'll just stick with this current config for now ahaha. Waiting till prices fall especially in New Zealand lmao