looking for new headphones, need some help!

nolukjustskil

so i have been using these (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/Wireless-Headsets/void-pro-wireless-config-na/p/CA-9011150-NA) since release in 2017 and i love these headphones. unfortunately last night when i pressed the power button i think it broken and can no longer power on and off. i got lucky and its currently powered on, but with them being wireless they could shut down because battery dies (happens once and a while because i get into my game and forget lol). so what would be a good replacement for these headphones? should i just buy the same headset as a replacement on amazon for 119$? any info would be great, i know nothing about headphones and audio. i dont really have any requirements except maybe having a mic. they dont have to be wireless, i just want the best sound for the cheapest price. im a very price to performance type person. thank you for all your help!

1 hour ago, nolukjustskil said:

so i have been using these (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/Wireless-Headsets/void-pro-wireless-config-na/p/CA-9011150-NA) since release in 2017 and i love these headphones. unfortunately last night when i pressed the power button i think it broken and can no longer power on and off. i got lucky and its currently powered on, but with them being wireless they could shut down because battery dies (happens once and a while because i get into my game and forget lol). so what would be a good replacement for these headphones? should i just buy the same headset as a replacement on amazon for 119$? any info would be great, i know nothing about headphones and audio. i dont really have any requirements except maybe having a mic. they dont have to be wireless, i just want the best sound for the cheapest price. im a very price to performance type person. thank you for all your help!

99.9% of all gaming headsets are trash. Look at these MH752 which are one of the best under 150 dollars. And that is for good headphones not gaming headsets. These outperform headsets since they are studio headphones that has a great mic on it. It may not be wireless but it sure does sound soo much better. You can even check out the HyperX cloud flights they are pretty good for being wireless. Please don't buy "gaming" headsets from keyboard companies.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

18 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

99.9% of all gaming headsets are trash. Look at these MH752 which are one of the best under 150 dollars. And that is for good headphones not gaming headsets. These outperform headsets since they are studio headphones that has a great mic on it. It may not be wireless but it sure does sound soo much better. You can even check out the HyperX cloud flights they are pretty good for being wireless. Please don't buy "gaming" headsets from keyboard companies.

one of the reasons i like these headphones is because they are so loud, so if you have one of those times you just need the song thats on as loud as possible, these kick ass. my typical volume sits around 20%. also i like the base boost they provide. ill check out the MH752, but saying these headphones are trash is far from anything true.
so i just looked at the MH752 and you are trying to tell me that a "hardware cooling company" can make a better headphone than a "keyboard" company? again im willing to look into anything, but suggesting a headphone from a cooling company and then saying keyboard company bad is completely stupid!

one more thing. again i dont know much about audio equipment, but specs wise, the MH752 arent as good as my void headphones. heres what tell me that. MH752 Neodymium driver is 40mm. Void Neodymium driver is 50mm. MH752 impedance 26ohm. void impedance 32ohm

11 minutes ago, nolukjustskil said:

one of the reasons i like these headphones is because they are so loud, so if you have one of those times you just need the song thats on as loud as possible, these kick ass. my typical volume sits around 20%. also i like the base boost they provide. ill check out the MH752, but saying these headphones are trash is far from anything true.
so i just looked at the MH752 and you are trying to tell me that a "hardware cooling company" can make a better headphone than a "keyboard" company? again im willing to look into anything, but suggesting a headphone from a cooling company and then saying keyboard company bad is completely stupid!

Okay... To be realistic here. For the price you are paying. You sure the corsair headphones you are worth it? I don't think so. Sorry to sound like that but it is the reality. Also these MH752 headphones aren't a madeup headphone from scratch like the voids. These are actually good headphones taken from a brand that knows audio just with a mic put on it. The MH752's are based off of the takstar pro 82's but an upgrade. So you've got a good little DAC that comes with it. Good software with EQ and just great sounding headphones. The mic is probably 5 times better as well. I can't see why any other headphone wouldn't be loud? Does it matter if they sound loud at 50 or 60%? No because it is all about quality here. If the headphone outputs a clean signal with no distortion or anything then they are great headphones.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

13 minutes ago, nolukjustskil said:

"keyboard" company? again im willing to look into anything, but suggesting a headphone from a cooling company and then saying keyboard company bad is completely stupid!

Also sorry but, wrong! I've had multiple experiences with such companies. First off. Logitech and then razer. Both utterly trash. Why? Because they make headphones from scratch lacking the necessary expertise in that area of things. Audio isn't their thing. The take a headphone for 20 dollars and puts on a mic for 5. Then makes a "cool" design as if that would ever matter and sells it for 150. Doesn't make any sense buying from them.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

10 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Also sorry but, wrong! I've had multiple experiences with such companies. First off. Logitech and then razer. Both utterly trash. Why? Because they make headphones from scratch lacking the necessary expertise in that area of things. Audio isn't their thing. The take a headphone for 20 dollars and puts on a mic for 5. Then makes a "cool" design as if that would ever matter and sells it for 150. Doesn't make any sense buying from them.

so let me ask, have you ever used the headphones im currently using? ive also used logitech and razer headphones, and they are complete trash. i honestly feel like you seen the name of my headphones and went straight to "they are junk" without any info about them. also, if you look at reviews from 2017-2018 when the headphones were released, all reviews say the headphones are great but not the best for just music. i dont listen to just music. 95% of my headphones usage is gaming or videos, so not being the best for music isnt that big a deal to me. i just honestly feel like you know nothing about the headphones im using.

1 minute ago, nolukjustskil said:

so let me ask, have you ever used the headphones im currently using? ive also used logitech and razer headphones, and they are complete trash. i honestly feel like you seen the name of my headphones and went straight to "they are junk" without any info about them. also, if you look at reviews from 2017-2018 when the headphones were released, all reviews say the headphones are great but not the best for just music. i dont listen to just music. 95% of my headphones usage is gaming or videos, so not being the best for music isnt that big a deal to me. i just honestly feel like you know nothing about the headphones im using.

Not exactly. But a wired version.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

Did someone make a rule that "music" headphones are not made for gaming?

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

Just now, Tigerleon said:

Did someone make a rule that "music" headphones are not made for gaming?

no, but it feels like headphones made for gaming arent good enough. so what was the weird version you used? was it the void elites? because they are trash compared to the pros

Just now, nolukjustskil said:

no, but it feels like headphones made for gaming arent good enough. so what was the weird version you used? was it the void elites? because they are trash compared to the pros

I don't remember but I think it was the elites. Nevertheless the upgrade wouldn't be price to performance. The headphones would probably sound mediocre at best on the pro wireless. Trust me. If you try something that is not from a "gaming" brand that does keyboards or mice great and just a brand that does audio or improves on it. Then you will realize that I was right all along and thank me.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

I don't remember but I think it was the elites. Nevertheless the upgrade wouldn't be price to performance. The headphones would probably sound mediocre at best on the pro wireless. Trust me. If you try something that is not from a "gaming" brand that does keyboards or mice great and just a brand that does audio or improves on it. Then you will realize that I was right all along and thank me.

then y suggest cooler master (which is pretty much the same as corsair) and not like sennheiser. i mean is the MH752s really that much better than anything sennheiser makes? according to your logic, sennheiser (a audio company) should make a much better headphone than a computer cooling/case company right?

then y suggest cooler master (which is pretty much the same as corsair) and not like sennheiser. i mean is the MH752s really that much better than anything sennheiser makes? according to your logic, sennheiser (a audio company) should make a much better headphone than a computer cooling/case company right?

MH752's are headphones that are improved upon the takstar pro 82's that is kind of an audio company. They essentially re-skinned them. Put on better pads, a mic that is not half bad for being a headphone and a great sense of openess for being closed back compared to the voids. Take a look at my post in my signature below and read it. You will understand once you start looking at the videos and taking in the information regarding this. If you are from the US I will even recommend an open headphone. Such as the philips SHP 9500 for being one of the best under 100 dollars. Pair that with a vmoda boom pro. BAM! A headset. No need for USB or wireless stuff when you can take use of a really flexible 3.5mm headphone. That can be used for for example, your phone, ps4, PC or whatever. Need EQ for more bass? Just use the realtek sound manager that opens once a headphone is plugged in. 

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

6 minutes ago, nolukjustskil said:

then y suggest cooler master (which is pretty much the same as corsair) and not like sennheiser. i mean is the MH752s really that much better than anything sennheiser makes?

As I've said this is not the case here. There is a difference between a headphone that is made from scratch and a headphone that is made from a company that has more a more specialized area in audio THEN re-skinned from another company improving on something that is already great. Now you are starting to see where I am getting at. Same with HyperX. Kingston knows what they are doing. Making a reskin from the takstar pro 80's into the cloud 2's And now even the cloud 2 wireless.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

There's endless ways to hammer this nail

A budget would REALLY help, you can dump a couple grand into a headphone setup without blinking an eye and as a general rule of thumb you get what you pay for.

My go to is dac amp headphones and mod mic but that's a lot of things to get.

When you want to add in a mic that complicates it more because then you really want an open pair of headphones so you can get the sound of your voice without it being muffled (there IS a listen function to a mic but I never liked it)

Headphones can get power hungry but there are options that will run onboard.

Again this rabbit hole goes very deep so some sort of a budget will help.

I would say a quality "headset" would be Phillips fidelio X2HR and a mod mic  that'll get you going for about $200 and it can be done for more or less depending on your goals. *disclaimer: I have no more than a minute or two on the fidelio's and can't speak to how open they are.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

2 minutes ago, Psittac said:

A budget would REALLY help, you can dump a couple grand into a headphone setup without blinking an eye and as a general rule of thumb you get what you pay for.

When you want to add in a mic that complicates it more because then you really want an open pair of headphones so you can get the sound of your voice without it being muffled (there IS a listen function to a mic but I never liked it)

I would say a quality "headset" would be Phillips fidelio X2HR and a mod mic  that'll get you going for about $200 and it can be done for more or less depending on your goals. *disclaimer: I have no more than a minute or two on the fidelio's and can't speak to how open they are.

yeah that was about my budget, i thought saying just rebuying the same i currently have @120$ would indicate that. but yes, 150-200$ would be my budget, mic doesnt have to be on the headphone, if i really needed i could always buy a yeti (or something independent) at a later date.

3 hours ago, nolukjustskil said:

Mh 752 are my reccomendation really decent for the price with an above average mic and one of the most comfortable headphones.

3 minutes ago, nolukjustskil said:

yeah that was about my budget, i thought saying just rebuying the same i currently have @120$ would indicate that. but yes, 150-200$ would be my budget, mic doesnt have to be on the headphone, if i really needed i could always buy a yeti (or something independent) at a later date.

ok then I would look for some quality headphones that can run onboard, I would think about something open so you can hear yourself speak but there is that "listen to device" function as an option.

There is a lot that goes into making a good headset but as a general rule of thumb they don't sound as good as "audiophile" headphones.  I would recommend a headset from someone like Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic's if you still want to go the headset route.  Otherwise the world is your oyster and find something easy to drive.

HiFi Guides is one way to look for headphones that meet your requirements but there are many ways to find a good pair of headphones.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

Just now, rice guru said:

Mh 752 are my reccomendation really decent for the price with an above average mic and one of the most comfortable headphones.

but you have to take into account that you are a canadian, so idk how much i can put into what you suggest... lol jk. thank you for the recommendation. i really wish i could test headphones. i know it will sound crazy, but i got replacement covers for my current headphones, and they changed the sound so much i put the old ones back on. i just dont want to spend 100-200$ and get something im not happy with.

Just now, nolukjustskil said:

but you have to take into account that you are a canadian, so idk how much i can put into what you suggest... lol jk. thank you for the recommendation. i really wish i could test headphones. i know it will sound crazy, but i got replacement covers for my current headphones, and they changed the sound so much i put the old ones back on. i just dont want to spend 100-200$ and get something im not happy with.

I would just buy from amazon if your from the US. If you don't like it return it. For the $100-$200 budget. It does open up some more options. I like open backs and the HD 58x is pretty greatfor gaming and music and if you can find them at all the beyerdynamic tygr is even better for gaming than the Sennheiser. 

30 minutes ago, Psittac said:

i knew you threw this out as a suggestion, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L8DD2MW/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&smid=A6EGA15UEFYEQ&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNjAxTFk0RkhNRE00JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTgzMTIwM01VWEswVlJSTDY3UCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTU3MTIxMjJKU0lRWExLOU02QyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbDImYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
would this be a good deal? 20$ coupon, and comes with a mic that plugs into the headset for 140$. or would it be a better choice to go with Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic's and see what i can find there? like i said i dont know a lot about audio so would the extra 60$ (or w/e the price diff would be) and no mic be worth it (i know worth is perspective and only i can make that choice). which choice would you make? 

5 hours ago, nolukjustskil said:

Other people have a point where a dac and studio headphones would sound better, but if you like the headphones, I say you should buy them. It may not be the best value, but I'm sure you will be very happy with them, and if you like them, then it is a good headset

3 minutes ago, Hackerman25 said:

Other people have a point where a dac and studio headphones would sound better, but if you like the headphones, I say you should buy them. It may not be the best value, but I'm sure you will be very happy with them, and if you like them, then it is a good headset

see i was thinking that too, but im also worried that they change something. if you read my post where i say "i know it will sound crazy, but i got replacement covers for my current headphones, and they changed the sound so much i put the old ones back on" that really keeps me from wanting to get the same set. also, i know what i have isnt the best, and i have the extra money so y not upgrade to something better since i have to replace them anyways. i appreciate your input.

17 hours ago, nolukjustskil said:

i knew you threw this out as a suggestion, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L8DD2MW/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&smid=A6EGA15UEFYEQ&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNjAxTFk0RkhNRE00JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTgzMTIwM01VWEswVlJSTDY3UCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTU3MTIxMjJKU0lRWExLOU02QyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbDImYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
would this be a good deal? 20$ coupon, and comes with a mic that plugs into the headset for 140$. or would it be a better choice to go with Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic's and see what i can find there? like i said i dont know a lot about audio so would the extra 60$ (or w/e the price diff would be) and no mic be worth it (i know worth is perspective and only i can make that choice). which choice would you make? 

I would certainly get those X2HR with a mic, wasn't aware that was an option.  I've briefly heard the X3's which have been compared pretty closely to the X2HR by some (though some say they're completely different)  But Zeos say's they're very similar and I've enjoyed every suggestion of his so far.  And they are warm and silky smooth, if I had to get another pair of can's in that price range those are at the top of my list, if I had to run onboard audio those again would be the top of my list as nothing I have now can be run without an amp.  Here is the Zreview X2HR and the X3 for comparison.  Just remember that Zeos is hyped about most everything, it's just the really good stuff that he's speechless. (kicking myself for not getting the X3 when they were on sale in Nov)

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

15 hours ago, nolukjustskil said:

see i was thinking that too, but im also worried that they change something. if you read my post where i say "i know it will sound crazy, but i got replacement covers for my current headphones, and they changed the sound so much i put the old ones back on" that really keeps me from wanting to get the same set. also, i know what i have isnt the best, and i have the extra money so y not upgrade to something better since i have to replace them anyways. i appreciate your input.

doesn't sound crazy at all, changing pads is the cheapest way to change sound signature and experience what is almost a completely new pair of headphones.  I have pad swapped a couple pairs of mine sometimes more than once just to get a new experience.

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70