Asrock Polychrome sync sucks. Any alternative RGB software?

Dan280599

I have argb strips connected to the header and all it allows is a handful of presets most of which are rubbish. I've seen it's possible to use iCUE but that involves spending another £50 on corsairs stupid rgb hub. Is there any other way to have better control over my aRGB strips using other programs? Starting to get sick of static colours and the 1 rainbow effect Asrock allows. I'm running these off my Asrock b450 steel legend motherboard and as far as i know other motherboard software wont work. Have also tried razer chroma software which lets you connect to the asrock software but that didn't allow much customization either and was very buggy.

RTX 3070

3600x

Asrock b450 steel legend

16gb patriot viper

Only ASROCK polychrome will work with Asrock motherboards in the configuration you currently have. Your only option is to get a 3rd party controller like the Corsair one or a similar one from another brand. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Only ASROCK polychrome will work with Asrock motherboards in the configuration you currently have. Your only option is to get a 3rd party controller like the Corsair one or a similar one from another brand. 

Do you know of any such controllers that aren't stupid expensive like corsair?

Just now, Dan280599 said:

Do you know of any such controllers that aren't stupid expensive like corsair?

off hand without searching no, I personally use all Corsair for my RGB controls. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 hours ago, Dan280599 said:

I have argb strips connected to the header and all it allows is a handful of presets most of which are rubbish. I've seen it's possible to use iCUE but that involves spending another £50 on corsairs stupid rgb hub. Is there any other way to have better control over my aRGB strips using other programs? Starting to get sick of static colours and the 1 rainbow effect Asrock allows. I'm running these off my Asrock b450 steel legend motherboard and as far as i know other motherboard software wont work. Have also tried razer chroma software which lets you connect to the asrock software but that didn't allow much customization either and was very buggy.

RTX 3070

3600x

Asrock b450 steel legend

16gb patriot viper

corsair and aqua computer offer the best support for custom argb.  nexed would probly be nzxt and thermaltake. ek is a buggy mess, coolermaster stuff is crap, zalmen is crap, lianli is probly about the same as thermaltake, razer i dont no i tryed it with my mouse pad and was not too happy.

there are sd card controllers if you can figger out the program to use it?

then there are dmx is professional stage lighting

then manual controllers witch have so many presets. i seen one with 1000.

then there are then light shows i dont no what they use thow but you would need to no programing maybe with an arduino?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

53 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

corsair and aqua computer offer the best support for custom argb.  nexed would probly be nzxt and thermaltake. ek is a buggy mess, coolermaster stuff is crap, zalmen is crap, lianli is probly about the same as thermaltake, razer i dont no i tryed it with my mouse pad and was not too happy.

there are sd card controllers if you can figger out the program to use it?

then there are dmx is professional stage lighting

then manual controllers witch have so many presets. i seen one with 1000.

then there are then light shows i dont no what they use thow but you would need to no programing maybe with an arduino?

I've had a look on ebay now and found a argb controller from a chinese company so I'm gonna test it out and if it sucks probably just return in.

10 hours ago, Dan280599 said:

I've had a look on ebay now and found a argb controller from a chinese company so I'm gonna test it out and if it sucks probably just return in.

gl

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

I have Asus B550-F motherboard. And their Aura Sync is terrible. It worked fine for a few rgb devices. When I added more RGB devices to the build, all RGB components are out of sync, flickering and some are off. So I used the controller comes with the case to sync all the RGBs. When I turn on my computer, the controller cycles through 336 modes via auto mod. They are all in sync right away, whereas with the Asus aura sync, all of them do their own things until auro sync or armoury  crate loaded up in windows. In my opinion, External controller is more reliable than the software (Aura sync, polychrome, icue...). I've never tried icue because their stuffs are expensive (lighting node core, pro, commander pro,..).

You can see My build here

build_my_pc_front_2_ok.JPG

4 hours ago, thanhdang said:

I have Asus B550-F motherboard. And their Aura Sync is terrible. It worked fine for a few rgb devices. When I added more RGB devices to the build, all RGB components are out of sync, flickering and some are off. So I used the controller comes with the case to sync all the RGBs. When I turn on my computer, the controller cycles through 336 modes via auto mod. They are all in sync right away, whereas with the Asus aura sync, all of them do their own things until auro sync or armoury  crate loaded up in windows. In my opinion, External controller is more reliable than the software (Aura sync, polychrome, icue...). I've never tried icue because their stuffs are expensive (lighting node core, pro, commander pro,..).

You can see My build here

build_my_pc_front_2_ok.JPG

ya Manuel/ remote controllers have presets in them but they vary on how many there are and if that can be saved when powerd down. you just wright down a number and a some what description of it but there no way of telling that number your on.

alot of them come with  proprietary connectors also so you need to find the pin out and hope at guessing what connector they use.

also they dont stat how much power the controller can handle

some do some dont have mb sync

the remotes are crap and wont last long if you change your mind lots.

not to say software controllers dont have problems too.

• 2 years later...

Polychrome Sync is by far the worst RGB control software I have ever used. Compared to NZXT Cam and MSI Mystic Light, it is a complete joke. I guess most motherboard makers just assume their customers are going to sell a Kidney and use Corsair hardware. Very sad. 

Built a mid-range game-cruncher to run MS Word and Chrome because doing anything else just wouldn't have felt right. I've got 250 Watts of power that I don't need, 24 Gigabytes of RAM that I will never use, 8 unemployed threads and I'm happy.