Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Expert Tips on Part Picking for Custom Made Gaming PC?

Budget (including currency): AUD $ 2500 

Country: Australia

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Warzone - Fifa - GTA / Some light video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I don't need any peripherals, just a new PC from scratch.

 

I have a list of parts that are a must (AIO water cooler / Case / 1TB M.2 + 2TB HDD) etc.

I do like the NZXT H510i but I can be flexible.

 

Here's the list I came up with.

 

Please help me improve it / scrap what's overkill or not best bang for buck

 

  • CHASSIS DESIGN : NZXT H510i Minimalist Stealth White Chassis (Includes NZXT advanced RGB and NZXT Cam by default)
  • MOTHERBOARD : ASUS B550 ROG STRIX-F
  • CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 3600X | 4.4 GHZ | 6 Cores 12 Threads
  • GRAPHICS CARD : ASUS TUF RTX 3070 OC Gaming - 8GB
  • RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) : 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (2x8GB) 3600MHz
  • CPU COOLING SYSTEM (DESKTOP) : WATERCOOLING : AFTERSHOCK Spectra Glacier Mirror Edition 240mm
  • PRIMARY M.2 SSD : 1TB M.2 NVME SSD (R: 3500 | W: 3000)
  • FIRST HARD DRIVE : 2TB Seagate BarraCuda 7200RPM HDD 3.5"
  • CASE LIGHTING : None (NZXT advanced RGB comes default with H510i chassis)
  • CHASSIS FANS : AFTERSHOCK S1 ARGB Fans x 3
  • POWER SUPPLY UNIT : GIGABYTE 750W 80+ Gold Premium

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3600X really isn't worth paying extra for over the regular 3600. 

 

Your NVMe drive doesn't seem to have a specific brand/model listed. 

Main PC | Ryzen 5 5600X - ASRock X570 PG Velocita - RX 6800 Reference - 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz - 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe

Folding/Plex PC | Ryzen 7 3700X - Asus X370 Crosshair VI Extreme - Asus Strix RTX 2080 + Asus Strix RTX 2070 - 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz - Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD, 2x 3TB HDD

Emulation PC | Ryzen 5 3400G - ASRock A300 DeskMini - 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666mhz SO-DIMM - Samsung 840 500GB SSD

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NuclearVodka said:

Budget (including currency): AUD $ 2500 

Country: Australia

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Warzone - Fifa - GTA / Some light video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I don't need any peripherals, just a new PC from scratch.

 

I have a list of parts that are a must (AIO water cooler / Case / 1TB M.2 + 2TB HDD) etc.

I do like the NZXT H510i but I can be flexible.

 

Here's the list I came up with.

 

Please help me improve it / scrap what's overkill or not best bang for buck

 

  • CHASSIS DESIGN : NZXT H510i Minimalist Stealth White Chassis (Includes NZXT advanced RGB and NZXT Cam by default)
  • MOTHERBOARD : ASUS B550 ROG STRIX-F
  • CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 3600X | 4.4 GHZ | 6 Cores 12 Threads
  • GRAPHICS CARD : ASUS TUF RTX 3070 OC Gaming - 8GB
  • RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) : 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (2x8GB) 3600MHz
  • CPU COOLING SYSTEM (DESKTOP) : WATERCOOLING : AFTERSHOCK Spectra Glacier Mirror Edition 240mm
  • PRIMARY M.2 SSD : 1TB M.2 NVME SSD (R: 3500 | W: 3000)
  • FIRST HARD DRIVE : 2TB Seagate BarraCuda 7200RPM HDD 3.5"
  • CASE LIGHTING : None (NZXT advanced RGB comes default with H510i chassis)
  • CHASSIS FANS : AFTERSHOCK S1 ARGB Fans x 3
  • POWER SUPPLY UNIT : GIGABYTE 750W 80+ Gold Premium

 

Went overkill on cooler.

reason I didn’t go with the H510i is because it’s a bad case. Airflow is garbage

Link to post
Share on other sites

The shop I'm getting the 3600X does not have the 3600 and is selling the X model for the same price.

That's the only reason I'm going with the X

 

The NVMe is the Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NuclearVodka said:

But it's prettttyyyyy

Well it has bad thermals. If your GPU/CPU chokes thermally it’s the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Well it has bad thermals. If your GPU/CPU chokes thermally it’s the case.

Thanks

I'm happy to look into different cases.

I just like the NZXT clean look

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Downkey said:

100hi iirc isn't the best aio ever tbh, and the price isn't that great, either. . I'd recommend a deepcool castle ex aio for rgb, or a arctic liquid freezer ii if the buyer doesn't care much about aesthetics. Obviously the motherboard is *way* overpriced so I would note that it is at the moment to the person you're making the list for, the ram is b die no? But do they even want to oc? The Crucial p1 has poor sustained write speeds among other things, and I'd recommend a TUF 3080.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based of limited knowledge and experience. You should take my advice as just that- advice. 

My build:
CPU: 10700k Oc'd to 5.0 ghz                            GPU: RTX 3070 ventus 2x
Motherboard: Asus z490-v                                Cooler: Deepcool castle ex 120mm
Ram: Team tforce delta 32gb 3200mhz cl16     Case: Phanteks p418r (p360a ripoff) 
PSU: Apevia Prestige 800w

Notes:
Spoiler

To me the 10700k seems pretty underrated. It's a very solid cpu. at 5.0ghz it draws 175-185w under full load. the Asus z490-v is a sh*t teir motherboard, I wouldn't recommend it for anything past a 10600k for light oc's only. Tforce ram is pretty but cpu cooler clearance can be an issue on them, so beware. the RTX 3070 is obviously a great card, but the ventus 2x is just horrible. Don't buy it, not now, not ever. It's flimsy af, you can't increase the stock power limit, the cooler is worse than the one on the 3070FE. If it's a choice between this and nothing, choose nothing. The deepcool castle ex 120mm isn't really on sale outside of prebuilts, but it's a nice pretty cooler, gets my 10700k up to 96c after a prime95 cpu test for 15 minutes. The p418r is basically what it looks like. P360a, slap a few cyberpowerpc logos on it, and you're golden. The Apevia Prestige 800w is bad, but not terrible. Runs respectably quiet and isn't a bomb. More than a lot of PSU's in prebuilts can claim.

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are playing on a 1080p high refresh rate monitor get a 5600x

SPEC LIST:

  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cm992 said:

If you are playing on a 1080p high refresh rate monitor get a 5600x

I- Just

wha 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based of limited knowledge and experience. You should take my advice as just that- advice. 

My build:
CPU: 10700k Oc'd to 5.0 ghz                            GPU: RTX 3070 ventus 2x
Motherboard: Asus z490-v                                Cooler: Deepcool castle ex 120mm
Ram: Team tforce delta 32gb 3200mhz cl16     Case: Phanteks p418r (p360a ripoff) 
PSU: Apevia Prestige 800w

Notes:
Spoiler

To me the 10700k seems pretty underrated. It's a very solid cpu. at 5.0ghz it draws 175-185w under full load. the Asus z490-v is a sh*t teir motherboard, I wouldn't recommend it for anything past a 10600k for light oc's only. Tforce ram is pretty but cpu cooler clearance can be an issue on them, so beware. the RTX 3070 is obviously a great card, but the ventus 2x is just horrible. Don't buy it, not now, not ever. It's flimsy af, you can't increase the stock power limit, the cooler is worse than the one on the 3070FE. If it's a choice between this and nothing, choose nothing. The deepcool castle ex 120mm isn't really on sale outside of prebuilts, but it's a nice pretty cooler, gets my 10700k up to 96c after a prime95 cpu test for 15 minutes. The p418r is basically what it looks like. P360a, slap a few cyberpowerpc logos on it, and you're golden. The Apevia Prestige 800w is bad, but not terrible. Runs respectably quiet and isn't a bomb. More than a lot of PSU's in prebuilts can claim.

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I- Just

wha 

What?

SPEC LIST:

  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×