NZXT H510 Clean RGB Help

MrConcrete04

Hello world,

I have recently refreshed my rig with a H510 (all black, non i or elite) and a Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black. I am going for a black out look/aesthetic and I need some suggestions on how I could spice things up with some new maybe white LED fans and LED strips. The H510 Can support up to 2x140mm in the front, a 140mm up top and a 120mm in the rear. I wanna make it simple but clean, maybe add a fan controller and just generally have it ending up looking elegant. I'd want it to be quiet as well.

Thank You,

e.

You could make it more clean by getting another case with good airflow

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

True that those cases have poor airflow,

but what style of lighting do you want?

There fans with rings. Center lighting and more.

13 hours ago, narrdarr said:

(Yes I know it doesnt have amazing airflow but its more than enough for what I am planning on putting into it, and its muuch better than what it used to be compared to my old case)

Ideally evenly lit fans, I know corsair has ones that are evenly lit but they are pretty expensive... Are there any more affordable alternatives? However I dont mind just edge lighting like the ones on NZXT's AER RGB fans, as long as its neat.

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

What motherboard?

MSI B150M PRO-VDH (has 1 CPU 4 pin and 2, 4pin PWM connectors as far as I know), I will need a splitter wont I?

6 hours ago, MrConcrete04 said:

MSI B150M PRO-VDH (has 1 CPU 4 pin and 2, 4pin PWM connectors as far as I know), I will need a splitter wont I?

That depends on how many fans you want. 

Your motherboard has no rgb or argb headers so whatever is chosen will need to have its own lighting controller which will only have presets for lighting.

If you want more customizability with the lighting then your a software base solution. The best is corsair then nzxt imho. Their controllers connect to the internal USB 2 headers so you have software control without needing rgb headers on the motherboard. Then is a no name brand controller similar but I can't remember the name if I find I'll post it. It looked very promising. I think cooler master has a similar solution but its nowhere near as flexible as what corsair or nzxt has to offer.

Another solution that would be even cheaper would be to use some rgb strips instead.

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

That depends on how many fans you want. 

Your motherboard has no rgb or argb headers so whatever is chosen will need to have its own lighting controller which will only have presets for lighting.

If you want more customizability with the lighting then your a software base solution. The best is corsair then nzxt imho. Their controllers connect to the internal USB 2 headers so you have software control without needing rgb headers on the motherboard. Then is a no name brand controller similar but I can't remember the name if I find I'll post it. It looked very promising. I think cooler master has a similar solution but its nowhere near as flexible as what corsair or nzxt has to offer.

Another solution that would be even cheaper would be to use some rgb strips instead.

Could you plz link the Corsair or NZXT controller? I'm gonna want 4 total fans, 2 intake, 2 exhaust. Thanks mate

1 hour ago, MrConcrete04 said:

Could you plz link the Corsair or NZXT controller? I'm gonna want 4 total fans, 2 intake, 2 exhaust. Thanks mate

youll have to use corsair fan with the corsair controller, same for nzxt. they offer kits or packs that have the fans an controller. but you you'll have to look for yourself to see which fan style you like you like. keep in mind that packs or kits only come with 1 size of fans no mix and match of fan sizes. pick a couple of things and i'll let you know if you need anything extra or pros&cons.

10 hours ago, narrdarr said:

youll have to use corsair fan with the corsair controller, same for nzxt. they offer kits or packs that have the fans an controller. but you you'll have to look for yourself to see which fan style you like you like. keep in mind that packs or kits only come with 1 size of fans no mix and match of fan sizes. pick a couple of things and i'll let you know if you need anything extra or pros&cons.

Lets say I wanna go with NZXT's solution. What would I need? What if I want to put a 240mm AIO (kraken x53) in the front, with a push pull config? That would be 6 fans total (including the 2 exhaust fans).

12 minutes ago, MrConcrete04 said:

Lets say I wanna go with NZXT's solution. What would I need? What if I want to put a 240mm AIO (kraken x53) in the front, with a push pull config? That would be 6 fans total (including the 2 exhaust fans).

you wont be able to too see any of the rgb from any of the fans on the rad. are you ok with that? you'll only have rgb from the top fan and rear fan.

9 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

you wont be able to too see any of the rgb from any of the fans on the rad. are you ok with that? you'll only have rgb from the top fan and rear fan.

Im fine with that honestly, not a big deal, but I'm not quite sure if my motherboard has a pump header?

2 minutes ago, MrConcrete04 said:

Im fine with that honestly, not a big deal, but I'm not quite sure if my motherboard has a pump header?

you can use any header.

i'd skip doing a push pull config. Its not going to help you.

If your going to go that route, you might as well do it the simplest, best looking, and most cost effective way.  here's a list of everything you'll need

Kraken X63

1x 120mm 1x 140mm aer rgb 2 Fan

2x PWM fan splitterS (THIS LINK IS FOR A 2 PACK)

How will this set up work?

two fans(on the rad) will connect to one header using a splitter

the other two the same (top and rear)

the aio will connect to the cpu fan header, usb port, a sata power connector, and the rgb for the fans.)the fans rgb can be daisy chained together.

5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

you can use any header.

i'd skip doing a push pull config. Its not going to help you.

If your going to go that route, you might as well do it the simplest, best looking, and most cost effective way.  here's a list of everything you'll need

Kraken X63

2x PWM fan splitterS (THIS LINK IS FOR A 2 PACK)

How will this set up work?

two fans(on the rad) will connect to one header using a splitter

the other two the same (top and rear)

the aio will connect to the cpu fan header, usb port, a sata power connector, and the rgb for the fans.)the fans rgb can be daisy chained together.

According to NZXT's website the H510 can only house a 240mm rad in the front... But thank you so much

5 minutes ago, MrConcrete04 said:

According to NZXT's website the H510 can only house a 240mm rad in the front... But thank you so much

can you show me the link?

everything that i have seen show you can fit a 280 rad

10 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

can you show me the link?

everything that i have seen show you can fit a 280 rad

It even says in the manual, I thought it would support a 280mm rad as well because it can fil 2 140mm fans but then I checked the website and the manual and realised I was wrong.20210125_105003.thumb.jpg.5ce54b916f1c6172e5ea0d9a43d83f28.jpg

The website says you can fit a 280mm. I also looked at a a couple builds. It will fit.

the fans will need to be in a push config. After reading some threads there is issues the other way around.

2 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

The website says you can fit a 280mm. I also looked at a a couple builds. It will fit.

the fans will need to be in a push config. After reading some threads there is issues the other way around.

honestly the deciding factor between the 240 and 280 will be the price, in my region the 240 is cheaper and I kinda want to do a push pull config without any form of restriction (I also like unnecessary cooling lol) and the AERGB fans are not exactly static pressure fans. What would I need for a total of 6 fans?

8 hours ago, MrConcrete04 said:

honestly the deciding factor between the 240 and 280 will be the price, in my region the 240 is cheaper and I kinda want to do a push pull config without any form of restriction (I also like unnecessary cooling lol) and the AERGB fans are not exactly static pressure fans. What would I need for a total of 6 fans?

On 1/24/2021 at 1:02 AM, MrConcrete04 said:

(Yes I know it doesnt have amazing airflow but its more than enough for what I am planning on putting into it, and its muuch better than what it used to be compared to my old case)

Ideally evenly lit fans, I know corsair has ones that are evenly lit but they are pretty expensive... Are there any more affordable alternatives? However I dont mind just edge lighting like the ones on NZXT's AER RGB fans, as long as its neat.

1st

make up your mind.

2nd

the as the rgb wouldn't be seen on the rad so you need to buy the rgb version of the aio. So, the aio will come with Aer P140( kraken x63)/Aer P120( kraken 53) which are static pressure fan for the rad. you would use the aer rgb 2 fans as exhaust from the system which is fine.

and you came for the lighting in the first places.

3rd

A push/pull config will cost more and have almost zero gain as the rad is too thin and not a vary tight fin density.

anyways here you go if you really want it.

Kraken X53

2x Aer P 120mm

1x RGB & Fan Controller  (there are other fan hubs that can be used if you like. i choose this one, becuase it will take care of what you need now and offer expandability later if you want to.)

On 1/23/2021 at 6:26 AM, MrConcrete04 said:

Hello world,

I have recently refreshed my rig with a H510 (all black, non i or elite) and a Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black. I am going for a black out look/aesthetic and I need some suggestions on how I could spice things up with some new maybe white LED fans and LED strips. The H510 Can support up to 2x140mm in the front, a 140mm up top and a 120mm in the rear. I wanna make it simple but clean, maybe add a fan controller and just generally have it ending up looking elegant. I'd want it to be quiet as well.

Thank You,

e.

Here is my H510 with the NZXT cable combs.  I would also only recommend and AIO in the front.  With the 510, the rear and top fans are pretty crucial to have unrestricted exhaust airflow.  You can also set everything to white, but in my experience, unless all of your lights are from the same model of whatever, the color temperature won't match and it drives me nuts anyway.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:53 PM, narrdarr said:

On 1/23/2021 at 6:34 AM, Kanna said:

You could make it more clean by getting another case with good airflow

Ryzen 3700x + RTX 3080... not even a hint of cooling trouble.

On 1/25/2021 at 4:30 AM, MrConcrete04 said:

It can take a 280mm front radiator, but the fans will have to be on the inside of the mounting plate.  If you do 240mm, the fans can go on the outside of the mounting plate for longer graphics cards.

IMG_0108.jpg

2403DE9E-C680-417F-93C7-B59652F7043B.jpeg