GPU video keeps cutting in and out

No1Krishna

So this recently started happening, my GPU signal keeps cutting in and out randomly, I bought my GTX 1650 SUPER brand new almost 3 months ago and this is now happening. Before all this, today I booted up my PC like normal and it just didn't show a screen, so I manually shut it down by the power button and turned it back on, I changed the HDMI cable too. It booted like normal, then the cuts started to happen, it will cut out for a couple of seconds and then come back on but I can even hear the music in the background that I was playing. Is it a driver issue? I just found out NVIDIA released a new driver on the 7th, I just updated it. I want to know if that could be the problem just in case it happens again. Thank you!

Edited by No1Krishna
I misspelled a word

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you tried a different port on the graphics card, either HDMI or DisplayPort? Try changing them around and also on the monitor end. If they doesn't fix it, then it could be a bad or dying display port. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

On 1/21/2021 at 8:45 PM, SpiderMan said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you tried a different port on the graphics card, either HDMI or DisplayPort? Try changing them around and also on the monitor end. If they doesn't fix it, then it could be a bad or dying display port. 

I am using HDMI, the monitor is old and doesn't have DisplayPort (looking for a new monitor), today I booted up my PC again, and it turned on and all I got was a black screen with the mouse on it which I could move. I had to shut it down and boot it up again, which worked, is it my Windows? Cause it just black screens and I do the good old, turn off and on.

1 hour ago, No1Krishna said:

I am using HDMI, the monitor is old and doesn't have DisplayPort (looking for a new monitor), today I booted up my PC again, and it turned on and all I got was a black screen with the mouse on it which I could move. I had to shut it down and boot it up again, which worked, is it my Windows? Cause it just black screens and I do the good old, turn off and on.

Its strange that you had a cursor but black screen. I would use DDU to completely wipe the Nvidia drivers and reinstall with a fresh copy. Make sure you reboot into safe mode for perform a clean removal of the Nvidia drivers and also download the latest Nvidia drivers beforehand as you will want to disconnect the Ethernet cable or disconnect the WiFi. 

Also make sure your Windows is on the latest drivers and check for Windows updates under Windows Update. I would also perform a system integrity check using the Command Prompt w/Administrator privileges ("sfc/ scannow" inside the Command Prompt without the quotes. Be sure to do this on the drive that the OS, usually C drive).

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"