How does creation tool work? Does it allow you to have Windows 10 on multiple devices? Or only move Windows from one device to another?

I saw something about the creation tool and have a few questions.

1 minute ago, bmbourne said:

How does creation tool work? Does it allow you to have Windows 10 on multiple devices? Or only move Windows from one device to another?

Windows 10 Creation tools allows you to make your USB drive a bootable USB drive, so you can install Windows 10 on another device.

It doesn't have anything to do with the license of Windows though. If you want to move your Windows 10 license to another PC, you need to do other things (like signing in to your Windows install with a Microsoft account and logging in with that same account on the new install).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You can technically run Windows 10 without the license however you will have a watermark in the bottom right and will be limited on certain window customizations and features. 

5 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

You can technically run Windows 10 without the license however you will have a watermark in the bottom right and will be limited on certain window customizations and features. 

Ok thank you!

Windows Media Creation Tool is only for making installers. Its pretty much as automated and toned-down as possible. It downloads latest version of ISO (disc image) and "burns" it to USB drive. Then you can use that USB drive to any system with compatible hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv