Are there gaming performance problems with having a couple different Os’s on my desktop with esxi?

ScriptKiddo

With the pandemic being a thing I find my self switching between shcool files/accounts/apps and personal (mostly gaming) apps/games/files and my hobbyist stuff networking/Linux/learning python I find all these different use cases and files very very hard to manage and organize into folders where so I can easily find them. I thought maybe I could divide these different worlds into different os’s on my desktop With esxi. for ex: chrome for shcool (we use google products because cheap Chromebooks) windows for my gaming stuff and a Linux distro for my hobbyist stuff (I use Linux in virtual box so this one isn’t as much of a problem compared to the other two but I still find random Linux ISO’s all over my file system). I’ve used esxi before with my home lab so I’m not worried about ease of use, what I am worried about is performance, especially for gaming.. or am I being a dumb dumb and this esxi switch won’t effect my system at all?

Id probably just leave windows on your desktop, and dual boot or use vms on top of windows as it will be much simpler.

You can also use different user accounts for this.

ESXI can be a pain with gpu passthough if you want reasonble gaming performance.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id probably just leave windows on your desktop, and dual boot or use vms on top of windows as it will be much simpler.

You can also use different user accounts for this.

ESXI can be a pain with gpu passthough if you want reasonble gaming performance.

Darn.. alright I’ll do it the boring way. Too bad, I think esxi is super cool.

-> Moved to Operating Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv