Where should I pit my radiator?

RyansLeftArm

Yo, so I have a 3070, and a r5 3600, a be quiet 240mm aio, and 4 case fans. Wondering where I should locate my aio? I have two options as I show in the red lines below (sorry its a horrible image) cheers!

20210120_174630.jpg

Just now, Bartandroid123 said:

you should propably place it on top exhauting outside the case

the position you have it on now is good

Putting it in the front will give you slightly better CPU cooling as it the radiator will have fresh air passing through. 

Top mounted radiator would possibly give you a few degrees better temps for your GPU as the incomming air will not be passing through a warm radiator.

Both options are fine as long as the top of the radiator is over the pump preventing any air bubbles inside your AIO being trapped in the CPU pump. 

Gamers Nexus did a video where they explained where to place or not to place your radiator.

Apparently GNs video was too complicated for a lot of ppl so JaysTwoCents did a more simplified explanation on his YT channel. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

11 minutes ago, Boyohan said:

Both options are fine as long as the top of the radiator is over the pump preventing any air bubbles inside your AIO being trapped in the CPU pump. 

Not an issue with this AiO as the pump is sitting in the tubes between the CPU block and the radiators.

@OP, the top exhaust would be the best place for it.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Boyohan said:

Putting it in the front will give you slightly better CPU cooling as it the radiator will have fresh air passing through. 

Top mounted radiator would possibly give you a few degrees better temps for your GPU as the incomming air will not be passing through a warm radiator.

Gamers Nexus did a video where they explained where to place or not to place your radiator.

Apparently GNs video was too complicated for a lot of ppl so JaysTwoCents did a more simplified explanation on his YT channel. 

how does that work for this aio though? as the pump is actually located on the tubing, if you can see in that image its near the top right inside the case?

3 minutes ago, RyansLeftArm said:

how does that work for this aio though? as the pump is actually located on the tubing, if you can see in that image its near the top right inside the case?

It's simple: No matter where the pump is in your AiO, just don't have it at the highest spot.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Not an issue with this AiO as the pump is sitting in the tubes between the CPU block and the radiators.

@OP, the top exhaust would be the best place for it.

2 minutes ago, RyansLeftArm said:

6 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

It's simple: No matter where the pump is in your AiO, just don't have it at the highest spot.

@Stahlmann

Exactly

To clarify what I said earlier.

The important thing to remember is that you do not want any air trapped in the cpu block (or pump). 

(yes BQ Pure Loop is slightly unusual with the pump on the tubes)

The way to do this is to ensure that the top of the radiator is over both of them. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9.