PCI-E X16 - Aorus B550 Pro

Hi all,

I just got a Ryzen 5 5600X with a Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro V1. Somehow, my GPU doesnt seem to generate any output when plugged in the top PCI-E slot (wich is the Gen 4 X16). It works just fine in the second slot but who would not want to settle for a X4 when you can have an X16 right? I updated the BIOS to the F10 version (apparently this was mendatory for the CPU to actually run at all). I did look though the BIOS and didn't find anything about PIC-E lanes or anything. My computer works just fine but I'd like to use that top slot tho get those max sweet sweet FPS. 

Complete specs if it helps :

Ryzen 5 5600X

RTX 2070 Super

Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro V1

16 GB G Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz

Samsung Evo 970 500GB (as boot drive) (is also installed in the gen 4 nvme slot next tot he PCI-E)

And a couple other drives and fans.

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, NaniSalmon said:

Hi all,

I just got a Ryzen 5 5600X with a Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro V1. Somehow, my GPU doesnt seem to generate any output when plugged in the top PCI-E slot (wich is the Gen 4 X16). It works just fine in the second slot but who would not want to settle for a X4 when you can have an X16 right? I updated the BIOS to the F10 version (apparently this was mendatory for the CPU to actually run at all). I did look though the BIOS and didn't find anything about PIC-E lanes or anything. My computer works just fine but I'd like to use that top slot tho get those max sweet sweet FPS. 

Complete specs if it helps :

Ryzen 5 5600X

RTX 2070 Super

Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro V1

16 GB G Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz

Samsung Evo 970 500GB (as boot drive) (is also installed in the gen 4 nvme slot next tot he PCI-E)

And a couple other drives and fans.

Thanks in advance!

Put card in working slot. Go to BIOS. Find PCIe lane/port switching menu. Change your x16 slot to run at PCIe 3.0, instead of 4.0. Let me know if it helped.

4 hours ago, Fragment323 said:

Put card in working slot. Go to BIOS. Find PCIe lane/port switching menu. Change your x16 slot to run at PCIe 3.0, instead of 4.0. Let me know if it helped.

I tried all 5 options, Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3, Gen 4 and Auto. None of them makes it work. I did figure out that the systems posts properly and the the GPU works in some way because i need to hold the power button on my case to sgut it down. If it wasn't reaching windows it would be instant shut down.

15 hours ago, NaniSalmon said:

I tried all 5 options, Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3, Gen 4 and Auto. None of them makes it work. I did figure out that the systems posts properly and the the GPU works in some way because i need to hold the power button on my case to sgut it down. If it wasn't reaching windows it would be instant shut down.

OK, now try F12 BIOS. If nothing, try some other GPU in the first slot. Borrow it from friend or something like that. Does not need to be high-end, just to check if it works at all. If not, I have a bad news for you: RMA your board...