PC case: Question

Xarai

So I recently completed my first build and wanted to decorate my rather plain PC case. This might sound like a stupid question but; Is it safe for the internal components if I place magnets as a form of decor on the outside of my case?

I would advice against putting magnets inside the case. Though only HDDs will have major problem with them. If you must, rather use some double-sided tape.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

rather use some double-sided tape.

or velcro

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 minutes ago, Xarai said:

So I recently completed my first build and wanted to decorate my rather plain PC case. This might sound like a stupid question but; Is it safe for the internal components if I place magnets as a form of decor on the outside of my case?

As always - it depends...

Small fridge magnets (I mean these thing which mostly look like rubberized pads) on the outside especially opposite to the Mobo and not in direct proximity to HDDs - shouldn’t be a problem at all.

I wouldn’t use any magnets inside the case so – especially if they might fall and contact/short something inside – but on the outside – see above…

Best regards,

Medizinmann

9 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I would advice against putting magnets inside the case. Though only HDDs will have major problem with them. If you must, rather use some double-sided tape.

Oh, I meant to say outside the case. Edited last minute sorry

It should be safe.

A magnet that size won't effect any of the hardware inside (even HDD).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

27 minutes ago, Xarai said:

Oh, I meant to say outside the case. Edited last minute sorry

Should be fine if the magnets aren't diabolicaly strong. My case comes with magnetic dustfilters and magnetic panels. I just hang them on the side of the case when I swap. No problem. If magnets are strong I wouldn't have them anywhere near the hard drives but I doubt you'll be using such strong magnets anyway. Just thought I'd mention that.... 😛