Need some upgrades, but which first ?

TouKiTroll

Hi guys, I would like to upgrade my pc but now comes the hard part, do I upgrade my CPU or GPU first. I can't figure out where is the bottleneck. I have an i7 7800X and a founder's edition 1080Ti. I'd like to go for for a Ryzen 5 5600x and a GTX 3070.

Do I wait for a 3070 to become available(I know) or do I first need to upgrade my CPU and MB. I don't want to wait for a 3070 and then find out my CPU is bottlenecking, as I don't have the budget to buy both at the same time.

Also, I want to buy a Seasonic Q7 but can't find any info on release date, although it's been a few weeks since the announced release, does anyone know more about it ?

Honestly your system is still really really good. What is it currently lacking that you want to upgrade? Either way don't now because prices are stupid and there is no stock.

36 minutes ago, TouKiTroll said:

GPU first.

Very bad idea right now, unless you like tossing money down the drain, in which case send it to me instead

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Very bad idea right now, unless you like tossing money down the drain, in which case send it to me instead

Yea, I'm ok though, my money is good where it is.

20 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Honestly your system is still really really good. What is it currently lacking that you want to upgrade? Either way don't now because prices are stupid and there is no stock.

Mainly, RTX ... Also, my creepling compulsory need to upgrade ... I think it calms my soul. But seriously, it's because I noticed I barely could get above 60fps in most "recent" games and I noticed my CPU goes straight to 100% usage. So I hazardly guessed that my CPU was starting to be a bottleneck. I do have a 1440p monitor as a main so that might be why.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'll wait for prices to go down (or a good deal), even though I think that might be a long way off

1 minute ago, TouKiTroll said:

Yea, I'm ok though, my money is good where it is.

Mainly, RTX ... Also, my creepling compulsory need to upgrade ... I think it calms my soul. But seriously, it's because I noticed I barely could get above 60fps in most "recent" games and I noticed my CPU goes straight to 100% usage. So I hazardly guessed that my CPU was starting to be a bottleneck. I do have a 1440p monitor as a main so that might be why.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'll wait for prices to go down (or a good deal), even though I think that might be a long way off

What games? Your cpu is beyond more than capable to push past 60fps and your gpu is plenty powerful too. You aren't running on the stupid ultra settings I hope? You know the ones that push stuff to levels you can't see and are basically just higher numbers that make a massive performance hit for no to barely any visual improvement (like 8x msaa, supersampling, insane levels of tesselation and that stuff)?

What games are the issue? Might also wanna monitor your cpu usage, frequency and temps just in case. Maybe something is eating away at it.