Survey about video game preferences.

dxzone12

Hi,

This is a quick survey that I am doing for a research project at school. It should not take very long as it is mostly multiple choice and there are only about 15 questions. The survey can be found here if you have some free time it would help me a lot if you could fill it out. The demographic I am aiming for is between 12 and 70 years old.

Thanks

there, for your favorite game genres I wanted to put like 5 down :D

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I just needed more questions than the free version of survey monkey would allow so I found an alternative.

Seems legit, just did it. Good luck kid :)

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

game options need to be expanded to include

mobas (i.e. league of legends)

fighting games (obvious)

as for things in games that people like, abilities need to be added.  I like wielding different sorts of powers, and bringing them to bare against my enemies (i.e. mass effect adept, spells in dragon age, etc)

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Filled it in, good luck.

Some options need some expansion as @Sammael mentioned.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

game options need to be expanded to include

mobas (i.e. league of legends)

fighting games (obvious)

as for things in games that people like, abilities need to be added.  I like wielding different sorts of powers, and bringing them to bare against my enemies (i.e. mass effect adept, spells in dragon age, etc)

Thanks for the feedback. To late in the survey for me to amend now though. Will consider this on future surveys. Can't believe I forgot fighting games.

I did it. I felt you didnt ask the right kinds of questions and limited this to too much of a FPS/Console gamer.

It might just be that im older...and ive played a much more diverse range of games and had a much wider and fuller experience... But its your survey so...take what you get I guess.

thorough well made survey, nice job.  All done  :D

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Done :D

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Are you going to post survey results when you're done?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Are you going to post survey results when you're done?

I may do it depends how well I end up formatting them.

Done :D Can I now have a cookie?

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

I would say re the graphics question at the end it is a little difficult to answer because it does't make the distinction between Graphics as in ultra realism and stylised to fit the feel of the game.  For example if Papers Please or Hotline Miami looked ultra realistic they probably wouldn't be as enjoyable so its not the graphics but the style of the visuals that are important.