r5 3600 vs 10400f

Celtie

So basically i want a 600-700 system and one guy suggested the 3600, sooo i compared the 2 cpus together and the 10400f comes out on top. the only difference between the 2 is that the 10400 has slower boost clocks at 2.9ghz whereas the 3600 has 3.6ghz. I´m wondering which one should go with.

How did you compare the CPUs?
If by userbenchmark, toss that analysis out the window. Userbenchmark sucks.

I will vote the 3600 if you can find it for MSRP.

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

How did you compare the CPUs?
If by userbenchmark, toss that analysis out the window. Userbenchmark sucks.

I will vote the 3600 if you can find it for MSRP.

umm.. ahh.. yeah i did use user benchmark. but ok any good mobos to pair with it for under 110$

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Do you have a case picked out?

yes its the dark flash dlm 21 because it has good airflow and looks nice for the price

3 minutes ago, FREnCH man KId said:

umm.. ahh.. yeah i did use user benchmark. but ok any good mobos to pair with it for under 110$

Well the 10400f is a bit behind the 3600 so basically get the 3600 as the boards are also cheaper. You can normally get one of the best b450 boards the msi tomahawk max for under 110$ whilst at best with intel you get some random mediocre board.

1 minute ago, FREnCH man KId said:

yes its the dark flash dlm 21 because it has good airflow and looks nice for the price

The mesh version right? The non mesh version is so bad you might as well just put the system in a sealed bag :p.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

The mesh version right? The non mesh version is so bad you might as well just put the system in a sealed bag :p.

yes the mech version it looks like the fractal design or whatever

Just now, FREnCH man KId said:

yes the mech version it looks like the fractal design or whatever

Pretty much ripped the meshify straight off with the front part :p. Keep in mind the darkflash doesn't have a lot of room for cables as they saved money there.

This looks good to me:

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-b550m-pro4/p/N82E16813157939?Description=matx b550&cm_re=matx_b550-_-13-157-939-_-Product&quicklink=true

B550, so you get PCIe 4.0, Gigabit LAN, PS/2 port (if you care), USB-C 10 Gbps, 4 DIMM slots, 2 M.2 slots, 6 SATA ports, a 12V RGB header, a serial port header, and an AM4 socket.

This gets my pick.

elephants

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Pretty much ripped the meshify straight off with the front part :p. Keep in mind the darkflash doesn't have a lot of room for cables as they saved money there.

i don't think imma have a-million hard drives or some shit so i think its fine

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

This looks good to me:

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-b550m-pro4/p/N82E16813157939?Description=matx b550&cm_re=matx_b550-_-13-157-939-_-Product&quicklink=true

B550, so you get PCIe 4.0, Gigabit LAN, PS/2 port (if you care), USB-C 10 Gbps, 4 DIMM slots, 2 M.2 slots, 6 SATA ports, a 12V RGB header, a serial port header, and an AM4 socket.

This gets my pick.

yes i was looking at that and im guessing im going to need pcie or something wifi? because im prob going with wireless 🙂

They're about even

HUB just did a revisit on it recently and change to the same conclusion

https://youtu.be/63WU6sL_tgA

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x