Laptop for Friend, HP Spectre x360 vs XPS 13 Touch

I'm currently trying to help my friend pick out a laptop since their old one is dying, and with a budget of around $1500 we've arrived at the following 2 laptops, the HP Spectre x360 15, and the Dell XPS 13 touch.

I wanted to ask for some help picking between the 2, or if there's an alternative in this price range that would be a better choice.

Their main use would be media consumption and coding, but one of the reasons the budget is so high is because they want their new laptop to last them at least 10 years like their old macbook has (and it's their first windows laptop so it should leave a good impression on them). They didn't want a 1080p screen, so we've only picked 4k ones. Also gaming ability is not a factor, it's just that the Spectre with the best specs we found happens to have a dedicated graphics card included.

Below are some specs of the laptops, but some of the things that concerns them is battery life and speaker quality. From some reviews I've seen that the XPS has a worse speaker compared to the Spectre, but I can't find anything about real battery life (like how long will it actually stay on during normal use, not just a random estimate from the manufacturer's website). Any help or input would be appreciated, thank you.

HP Spectre x360 15

Processor: 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10510U

Integrated: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Discrete: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
Display: 15.6" diagonal 4K AMOLED multitouch-enabled (3840 x 2160)

Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Storage: 1 TB Intel® SSD

Dell XPS 13 Touch

Processor: 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10710U

Integrated: Intel® UHD Graphics with shared graphics memory
Display: 13.3-inch UHD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Touch Display

Memory: 16 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, Integrated
Storage: 1 TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid-State Drive

I own a spectre x360 which I am pretty unsatifised with, so I would generally reccomend the XPS 13, but I've heard that new models are a lot better

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

2 minutes ago, CopiWasTaken said:

I own a spectre x360 which I am pretty unsatifised with, so I would generally reccomend the XPS 13, but I've heard that new models are a lot better

What exactly are you unsatisfied with, if you don't mind me asking?

1 minute ago, AcidAddict33 said:

What exactly are you unsatisfied with, if you don't mind me asking?

Gets stupidly hot under normal use like being in a zoom meeting, annoying HP ads and software which isn't hard to remove, but is annoying, chassis is not that sturdy despite being metal, terrible speakers, touchscreen is very buggy, camera is terrible, thermal throttles way too much. Also has so many issues, I've had to hardwipe my computer multiple times, send it back to HP for a fan breaking because of cheapness in it, and just other minor annoying things. (this is a 2018 model that I own)

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

You’re not going to find anything that will reliably “last at least 10 years”. Your friend simply got lucky with their current notebook.

That said, maybe look into the M1 Air with 16GB since it has no moving parts and you’re looking for longevity. They’re already familiar with macOS, too.

Is there an absolute need for Windows?

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20