"Input not Support" Monitor Message when Overclocking Monitor

Od1sseas

I get this annoying message when overclocking my AOC 24G2U5 from 75Hz to 80Hz. I'm using DisplayPort 1.2

then don't do it.. if it doesnt work, it doesnt work. Live with 75hz and be happy or buy a new monitor that supports higher refresh rate. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

then don't do it.. if it doesnt work, it doesnt work. Live with 75hz and be happy or buy a new monitor that supports higher refresh rate. 

But the overclock works perfectly fine it's just the monitor that displays the message for no reason

2 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

It probably is forcing itself back to 75Hz and not running at 80Hz

There's not much of a difference between 75 and 80 anyway so it doesn't really matter

I did the UFO test and it shows 80 FPS so it's not forcing itself back

43 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

I did the UFO test and it shows 80 FPS so it's not forcing itself back

Ok? Your GPU can be capable of 80 FPS and the monitor not be capable of 80 Hz refresh.

1 hour ago, PineyCreek said:

Ok? Your GPU can be capable of 80 FPS and the monitor not be capable of 80 Hz refresh.

The UFO test uses the monitors refresh rate. If your monitor is set to 75Hz it will run at 75FPS, if it's set to 80Hz it will run at 80FPS. So the overclock is stable

18 hours ago, Od1sseas said:

The UFO test uses the monitors refresh rate. If your monitor is set to 75Hz it will run at 75FPS, if it's set to 80Hz it will run at 80FPS. So the overclock is stable

Ah, I see.  Shows what I know.  My apologies for assuming.