pcie express ports

vellarexas

so i recently came upon a realization nobody would answerer because it was to up surd for them to except so here it is, in the future if we get there (so i'm talking about a interstellar society) would we be able to make a motherboard so advanced that we would not need six pin connectors anymore just pull power from the pcie express slot. i know it would cost allot and it seems impossible with our current technology but in the future (again if we ever get there) it would not matter anymore right. I know i seem like a physio but this is the future we are currently are looking down well that's the future i want anyways.

It’s doable right now, we dont do that because it’s very expensive to make pcbs designed to handle extremely high wattage loads over long distance alongside other components.

That’s all that’s stopping us from putting 3 rtx 3090’s on a single motherboard and just dumping 12v through the pcie slots, the cost of manufacturing motherboards that can handle 1000 watts of gpu power run alongside everything would triple motherboard prices due to excessively large traces, more layers and complicated isolation and insulation design 

if you don’t want pcie cables, buy a gt 1030

5 minutes ago, 8tg said:

f you don’t want pcie cables, buy a gt 1030

I mean, there are much better cards without PCIe cables, pretty sure there's 1650 low profile ones without it.

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

Yes but you see prices for stuff would go down with time and access to better materials this has happened throughout history when the demand for a new technology comes along we adapt to change and if we had access to more avanced space age tchnology we could do exactly that

4 hours ago, vellarexas said:

so i recently came upon a realization nobody would answerer because it was to up surd for them to except so here it is, in the future if we get there (so i'm talking about a interstellar society) would we be able to make a motherboard so advanced that we would not need six pin connectors anymore just pull power from the pcie express slot. i know it would cost allot and it seems impossible with our current technology but in the future (again if we ever get there) it would not matter anymore right. I know i seem like a physio but this is the future we are currently are looking down well that's the future i want anyways.

By the time we get to be an interstellar society, do you really honestly think we will still be on pci-e at all? 

What on earth makes you think an "interstellar society" would still use pcie and "6pin connectors" :lol

it's pretty obvious right now we won't use cables for many things anymore in the next 20 years or so, and we will probably never have an interstellar "anything"... humans are not Intelligent enough for something like this. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

If we did have access to interstellar technology I am telling you that removing 6pin connectors would not be 1st on the priority list. 🤣

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Hmm i guess that settles that question thank you all for your thoughts honestly i was just wondering because i own a dell sff prebuilt and thought i could some how cheat my fate of having to buy a more costly upgrade or a whole other system but i can not and that's ok i guess i'll be stuck at 1080p and a little bit of 4k gaming forever