World-builders, rejoice: the final Oculus Rift VR dev kit is here

AlexGoesHigh

Luke, I am sure you'll cover this in future videos, but will you be buying the consumer version too after this DK2 or will you be happy with the features it has now?

Perhaps the CV won't have more features anyway, but still.

Who knows? I'll figure it out when CV1 comes out :)

Who knows? I'll figure it out when CV1 comes out :)

Assuming it ever comes out, perhaps you'll be one of the very few with a newer version than the DK1 as Oculus vanishes from the face of the earth with all our moneys  :blink:

Conspiracy  :ph34r:

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Luke, I am sure you'll cover this in future videos, but will you be buying the consumer version too after this DK2 or will you be happy with the features it has now?

Perhaps the CV won't have more features anyway, but still.

Its been confirmed in the article linked in the OP that the specs are different at the very least.

Oculus says the consumer version will have even higher resolution 

Can't find the other bit, but 90Hz is confirmed, (instead of 75 in DK2), a lighter product and lower latency.

As for actual features? I kinda doubt they can add too much. DK2 was needed so devs could implement positional tracking.

If they add some thing to the consumer version that the DK2 doesn't have, then another DK will be required.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I will buy one for sure.

:: Processor                                        :: Memory                                  :: Graphics adapter                                                                   :: Display                                                                                           :: Harddisk                                          :: Operating System
Intel Core I5-3450 3.10 GHz           RAM 8 Gb                                    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 - 4096 MB, GDDR5              29' inch 21:9, 2560x1080 pixel, IPS LED, UltraWide              230 GB SSD + 2x500 GB 5000 rpm     Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Lol if Slick manages to be one of the first people to review this thing at PAX he'll get all the views on YouTube :)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Really tempted to order this one but I'm afraid the consumer version will be released relativity short afterwords.

As for the weight it's not hard to get use to that much.  My HE-500s are around 500g and I don't notice them nearly as much as I did when I got them.

Creative Build Name Here

i7 3930K | Rampage IV Extreme | NH-U14S | GTX 680 x2 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Coolermaster 1000W | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Western Digital Black 2TB x2 | 12GB RAM Disk | HE-500 Headphones

All in the Fractal Design Define XL R2