Edward Snowden: Here's how we take back the Internet

Hoppa

An interesting interview with Snowden on the NSA and the government.

EDIT: The founder of the World Wide Web also says a few words.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

slick updated his status with this quite a while ago.  :)  ;) very interesting none the less.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

slick updated his status with this quite a while ago.  :)  ;) very interesting none the less.

Ah, didn't see that.

Snowden is a hero, he reveals how pathetic the NSA and the United States are.

Yeah absolutely. He also said that there's plenty more stuff he's going to leak. 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Spying is legal, until they get spied on.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Why couldn't America (my own country) actually read their own dam'n Constitution before making the NSA stalk the internet. 

PC Build

AMD FX 4130@3.8GHz | Sapphire Radeon HD R9 290@947 MHz | 8GB of DDR3 1333MHz RAM | 500GB Seagate HDD | [broken] Cooler Master i600 PSU | Some LG Disk Drive that costed me $20|

Why couldn't America (my own country) actually read their own dam'n Constitution before making the NSA stalk the internet. 

On several occasions (probably hundreds of times) the NSA were tapping/hacking without the permission or notifying the higher-ups in the government.

I really don't know how they can get away with this.

The USA are terrorists, they bomb everyone in the middle east yelling THEY are the terrorist, the lie and spy to every other country and continent in the world.

They've got the biggest debt, alot of jobless citizens and I can keep going for a lifetime.

Go Snowden.

Keep it civil people. Having strong opinions is fine, but

don't overdo it with the creatively phrased statements of

dissatisfaction.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

The USA are terrorist, they bomb everyone in the middle east yelling THEY are the terrorist, the lie and spy to every other country and continent in the world.

They've got the biggest debt, alot of jobless citizens and I can keep going for a lifetime.

Go Snowden.

I have to agree. We are bombing Pakistan, Yemen and other countries, which has resulted in what, 250 child deaths without permission from Congress (illegal under Constitution), we are fiscally irresponsible, and we dislike "spies", but the NSA is also spying (Hypocrisy), we have a crap, over-taxed and over regulated economy.

PC Build

AMD FX 4130@3.8GHz | Sapphire Radeon HD R9 290@947 MHz | 8GB of DDR3 1333MHz RAM | 500GB Seagate HDD | [broken] Cooler Master i600 PSU | Some LG Disk Drive that costed me $20|

Also, Obama promised to end domestic spying during his 2008 Election, and he has merely expanded the American Surveillance State -_-

PC Build

..... To me Snowden is not a hero (in the traditional sense) - what he did is illegal and is a complete betrayal of the government HOWEVER what he did is pure patriotism and above.

Just because you are a patriot, it doesn't mean you have to follow and protect your government, a true patriot protects the country from the government itself; a country isn't defined by it's government, it's defined by it's people.

INB4 HATE REPLIES :3 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

..... To me Snowden is not a hero (in the traditional sense) - what he did is illegal and is a complete betrayal of the government HOWEVER what he did is pure patriotism and above.

Just because you are a patriot, it doesn't mean you have to follow and protect your government, a true patriot protects the country from the government itself; a country isn't defined by it's government, it's defined by it's people.

What the government did is illegal. It is illegal for unwarranted searches, which has been done by the NSA.

PC Build

Well yes, you're right. When Snowden worked for the CIA he probably signed documents saying he wouldn't expose information bla bla 'you will be considered a terrorist' (or something)

And by doing what he did the government/ CIA had the right to treat him like a terrorist.

Whether or not the NSA, CIA, or the government were doing the right thing in the first place.

What the government did is illegal. It is illegal for unwarranted searches, which has been done by the NSA.

I never defended what the NSA did, all I am saying is that what Snowden did does not make him a hero.

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I never defended what the NSA did, all I am saying is that what Snowden did does not make him a hero.

• Hero
  • A hero or heroine refers to characters who, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, display courage and the will for self sacrifice—that is, heroism—for some greater good of all humanity.Wikipedia

Snowden is the very definition of a hero.

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

What does it make him than? He finally revealed the pathetic and illegal behavior of the USA towards the rest of the world.

• Hero
  • A hero or heroine refers to characters who, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, display courage and the will for self sacrifice—that is, heroism—for some greater good of all humanity.Wikipedia

Snowden is the very definition of a hero.

I think @LifesCompanion was trying to say (correct me if I'm wrong) Snowden was more of an 'extremely brave snitch' than you're conventional hero.

It also depends on how people look at things. Some people would classify a hero as (who doesn't have powers) saving people from a house fire or something.

Personally I think what he did was reckless but also heroic. He almost had to play the bad guy and accept that people would want him dead for it. But he was thinking about the greater good for the future.

Too me Snowden is no hero. He is more like a traitor. He is not willing to stand up for his own belief instead he ran. This is just my opinion and if people disagree you have that right. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Too me Snowden is no hero. He is more like a traitor. He is not willing to stand up for his own belief instead he ran. This is just my opinion and if people disagree you have that right. 

Snowden is a traitor to the Federal Government (which itself is a traitor to the American people). He did not run, he made a tactical retreat.

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

He will be tortured and murdered if he would go back to America, without a doubt he will die quick.

Spying is legal, until they get spied on.

"We did actually spy,but we didn't want to so we shouldn't be judged for that."

Lol,I remember that shitty excuse.Or :

"It isn't called stealing until the person who gets something stolen from them realizes that."

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I'd be fine with the spying if they could show it producing actual results of making us safer. They unilaterally haven't, so in my eyes they're just wasting money that could be spent on anything.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Whot? He stood up against extensive government overreach and wanted America to follow its own Constitution. 

PC Build

a true patriot protects the country from the government itself

The government does not control the people, the people control the government.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)